Thread: Send email to CO's manager

Default Send email to CO's manager

Dear all,
    Can I send an email to my CO's manager to find out what's going on? I don't know if it's a good choice or not, as my case was returned to CO from SPC almost 2 months ago. And since then there is no update or any contact with me or my employer. I sent email to my CO twice, even there is some update about my situation now, but never get a response...... Any advice?

There may be good reason why neither you nor your employer has been contacted by the CO - what caused the 2pc official to return the case to the CO may not be anything to do with information that either one of you has supplied. Also, bear in mind that, out of your time of 'nearly two months', a week has been an office holiday closure, and it's possible that the CO may have personal leave also, it being the summer. Have you tried phoning the helpline to see if they can tell you of any movement in the case, or if the CO is in the office?

However, even considering all that, and possibly depending on what the phone answerers tell you, I think you're getting near the point when it's reasonable to push for some communication.

Dear Ariel00, did you hear anything from your CO?

How do you know who is the manager of your CO and what is his/her email address???

I think it's reasonable to CC the manager into the next email you send (added onto the thread of the previously unreplied to emails you have sent). If the CO was on leave, they are required to put an "out of office" response on their email, and any leave over 1 week usually means that a 'buddy' is assigned to watch over the CO's caseload while they are away and emails are directed to that 'buddy' for the duration of the leave. It's a performance management issue for a CO to refuse to respond to your emails and a manager would be very interested to know when this is occurring for one of the staff on their team (speaking from personal experience as an Immigration Manager in the past myself). CO's have performance standards that they are expected to meet written into their performance agreement, including timeframes on responding to emails and phone calls.

Thanks Egoodhue, but how do I get email address of my CO's manager??

I have an organisational chart of the Manukau office (if that's where your application is), if you can tell me your CO's name, I can tell you who the manager is.

Thanks EGoodhue,

Kindly check your inbox...