Page 24 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: ITA Lodgement December 2018

I've decided to drop my NZ dream and going to withdraw my SMC and hopefully to get some refunds if possible. It's very uncertain in NZ at the moment and the current government seems very incompetent handling the issues with immigration. Seems to me they just looking for short term solution to fix the issues and that's why the rules always changing every year.

For me personally, it seems the US value me more than NZ so they just gave me a green card this week so I can chase my american dream from now on.

Hope the best for all you peeps who's still waiting and keep fight for it till the end.

Good luck in your new life.

I doubt you will have any hope of a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by cakes88 View Post
    I've decided to drop my NZ dream and going to withdraw my SMC and hopefully to get some refunds if possible. It's very uncertain in NZ at the moment and the current government seems very incompetent handling the issues with immigration. Seems to me they just looking for short term solution to fix the issues and that's why the rules always changing every year.

For me personally, it seems the US value me more than NZ so they just gave me a green card this week so I can chase my american dream from now on.

Hope the best for all you peeps who's still waiting and keep fight for it till the end.
    Hi Cakes, good luck with your american dream. Keep us updated regarding your withdrawal and if you were able to get a refund.

Yeah, I doubt to get any refund but at least I'll just try my luck

@cakes88 let us know how the refund request goes.. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
    I too am stating to get worried - i wasnt until today
    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...igrant-workers

Even parents already in the EOI queue need to meet new criteria or get a refund. While i realise we are in the CO allocation queue and not the EOI queue, I am not counting on anything anymore.....
    Are you talking about the parent visa scheme? Hasn't that been frozen for years now, so no one would be in any sort of allocation queue at the moment? I can't imagine that parents applying for a visa in their own rights, as in through a skilled job/ qualification would be affected by those changes.

Quote Originally Posted by newarrival View Post
    Are you talking about the parent visa scheme? Hasn't that been frozen for years now, so no one would be in any sort of allocation queue at the moment? I can't imagine that parents applying for a visa in their own rights, as in through a skilled job/ qualification would be affected by those changes.
    it'll be open again next year but with new income requirements which seems impossible to meet for many.

Hi all, one of my friend who is ECE teacher(a December applicant) has been allocated a CO today after she made a complaint to INZ and one Manager replied her to allocate a CO today. Before that, she was refused to be prioritized. I am not sure it is the complaint that works or INZ starts to allocate all Decembers cos before mid-October

Quote Originally Posted by hugo0215 View Post
    Hi all, one of my friend who is ECE teacher(a December applicant) has been allocated a CO today after she made a complaint to INZ and one Manager replied her to allocate a CO today. Before that, she was refused to be prioritized. I am not sure it is the complaint that works or INZ starts to allocate all Decembers cos before mid-October
    I feel like that would be too much of a coincidence. Looks like they assigned her application with priority as a result of the complaint.

It seems so as there is still no movement for other normal December applicants.

Page 24 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2223242526 ... LastLast