Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ITA Lodgement December 2018

Hi guys,
    This is my first post on the forum . I wish you all the best on the application process .
    Let me start with sharing my application process timeline :
    Visa type: SMC
    ITA Invitation to apply : 12 DEC 2018
    Documents submission : 23 DEC 2018
    Fees deduction : 4 FEB 2018
    Lodgement Date : 27 DEC 2018
    CO assignment : still waiting

Hello and welcome.

@Whitecap. Can you pls edit your dates it's kind of confusing for a second I thought I went mad .

I am in similar situation like yours....no email contact from CO since last month. My lodgement date was 19/11
    Quote Originally Posted by itmanpreet View Post
    No email communication from CO, even no introductory first email.

Sorry for any confusion , but I didn't get it , which part is confusing ?

Quote Originally Posted by babyruffkins View Post
    I am in similar situation like yours....no email contact from CO since last month. My lodgement date was 19/11
    Oh Dear, we are almost in same boat. We can only be positive and hope for the best.
    Did you call immigration office and try to find out the status or what is the timeline for CO to complete one file?

...or what is the timeline for CO to complete one file?
    There IS no standard timing. The CO has to verify all the evidence, and every person's case is different. Also, the third parties who need to answer to show that each piece of evidence is true do not all reply in a hurry, and the CO has to wait till all the answers have come.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    There IS no standard timing. The CO has to verify all the evidence, and every person's case is different. Also, the third parties who need to answer to show that each piece of evidence is true do not all reply in a hurry, and the CO has to wait till all the answers have come.
    Thanks JandM, last time when I called immiy office on 5th of June, I was told that CO alloted to me on 31st May and CO will contact me once he will start assessment. But till now I didn't hear anything from CO that's why I am worried whether Co has started assessing my file or will it takes time. How will I know that CO had started assessing my file.

You won't necessarily know. You can't follow every step of the procedure, as the COs have to use all possible time on working cases, not telling people, for instance, that they haven't anything new to tell them.

Your file will have joined the back of the COs rotating queue of about 100 cases. S/He won't look at it until it works its way to the front and gets its first turn for attention. At that point, s/he will send out the first queries to third parties who can say that pieces of your evidence are true, then the file goes to the back again, and s/he goes to the next, looking to see if anything can now be ticked off as done, or if there are more queries arising, then the next, and the next, and so on. Any answers go into your file wherever it is waiting, and won't be seen by the CO till it comes to the front again in its turn. Basically, it's a waiting game - try to believe that no news is good news. The CO will be in touch if s/he has anything s/he needs to ask you or tell you.

Hi guys,
    I have called INZ today checking my application status , and an agent confirmed that a CO hasn't been assigned to my application yet. However , she explained that it should be assigned "very shortly" and mentioned that twice.

I have a feeling that I will get my CO assigned within 7-10 days (My lodgement date is : 27 Dec 2018 )

Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast