Page 29 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: ITA Lodgement December 2018

Quote Originally Posted by devarajl View Post
    The response to the escalation requested by my LIA. No clear answer to the time frame of CO allocation.

"Thank you for your email.

We have considered the request for escalation, but do not find that the application warrants prioritisation in this case. This application will remain in our queue pending allocation to an Immigration Officer. Please note that we are currently allocating work that was received early December 2018. Due to volumes we cannot guarantee any timeframe for when this application will be allocated.

For current processing times, please refer to our website:
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...sa-application

We appreciate your understanding that not all requests can be granted. Please note that INZ will not be responding to further communication regarding this request and the justification of our decision."
    It is sad to hear that. And we can do nothing at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The government are unlikely to listen to you and others who have applied for Residence, I feel, because you don't have a vote. You can't unseat the politicians. I've often down the years seen people awaiting attention state that things would be different when they could take part in elections, as they would make their voices heard on behalf of migrants. Since most people don't carry on visiting the forum for long once they get established in NZ, and busy with their new lives, I have no way of knowing whether they're still paying attention to what is going on nowadays, but if you could find some way of reminding ex-migrant residents and citizens of the uncertainties of being in the INZ queue, which are far worse since their day, they might speak up for you.

This really makes sense, at the same time if we look at the Partnership visa protest that we had recently, did make a difference and INZ has increased their staff so they can clear the backlog. So we won't know until we try and give it an honest attempt (for SMC delays/unfair practices).

Quote Originally Posted by hugo0215 View Post
    It is sad to hear that. And we can do nothing at the moment
    Waiting and testing the patience

Quote Originally Posted by satty02 View Post
    This really makes sense, at the same time if we look at the Partnership visa protest that we had recently, did make a difference and INZ has increased their staff so they can clear the backlog. So we won't know until we try and give it an honest attempt (for SMC delays/unfair practices).
    Partnership visas are sponsored (many of them) by residents and citizens, who have the vote. So protests about *those* visas had teeth already.

all the detailed statistics regarding how many applications received each month, how many on hands, how many decided, what occupations were granted RV, are all published by INZ via their website:
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...ics/statistics
    The "Migration Data Explorer" can be used to filter data as per one's own interests.

1. Does INZ received a huge amount of applications in Dec 2018?
    No

2. Can I find what occupations are approved ( regarding smc)?
    Yes
    Use Migration Date Explorer,
    1. Data set: RV4 Residence Occupations
    2. Time Period: Monthly
    3. Variables: Decision Type+Occupation
    4. Filters--Add a new filter -- application criteria ( skilled migrant )

One will find all the recent approval information ( registered nurses, teachers, etc, approved mostly likely due to priority assessment)
    Last edited by jamiez; 16th October 2019 at 06:17 PM.

Hi all,
    I asked for any update from CO and gor the reply that she is currently seeking technical advice on the application and will update me once she gets any feedback.
    Any idea does it mean that the application is for 2PC check?
    Thanks

Read from another forum again that they’re still allocating the priority ones to COs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vccgg View Post
    Hi all,
    I asked for any update from CO and gor the reply that she is currently seeking technical advice on the application and will update me once she gets any feedback.
    Any idea does it mean that the application is for 2PC check?
    Thanks
    That's very doubtful. A technical adviser (TA) is a senior CO with the power to rule on whether an aspect of an applicant's situation, which the CO working the case finds hard to judge, fits the regulations or not.

Thanks JandM, my case is tricky. Hopefully i will get a positive outcome 🤞

Good luck!

Actually, since writing the reply above, I have remembered someone else's case where a TA did complete the 2pc as well, so evidently it CAN be done. Fingers crossed. ++++++++++++++++

Page 29 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2728293031 ... LastLast