Page 60 of 86 FirstFirst ... 5859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: ITA Lodgement December 2018

Just wondering, are there any chances that after unofficially telling my employer that my visa has been approved and sending it for quality check, that INZ could change the decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Vccgg View Post
    Just wondering, are there any chances that after unofficially telling my employer that my visa has been approved and sending it for quality check, that INZ could change the decision?
    Just be a bit wary of what your employer heard - I think it would be highly unusual (as well as a breach of privacy) for an immigration officer to tell your employer that your application had been approved before you got the official word directly first.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Just be a bit wary of what your employer heard - I think it would be highly unusual (as well as a breach of privacy) for an immigration officer to tell your employer that your application had been approved before you got the official word directly first.
    Thank you Erin. I am not trying not to get my hopes too high. Appreciate your response.

It's technically possible: one scenario is that the case officer misses something, quality check sends the application back for remedial work, and then your circumstances change in a way that results in you no longer meeting requirements (e.g. you lose your job or get into trouble with the law). I can't think of a scenario where this is common; all scenarios that I can think of would be rare.

And, what Erin said.

Thank you Kelerei.

Wish there was a way to find out if my new CO has made the decision in my favor or not. Guess i will have to wait for around 3 weeks till the 2PC is done to find out what's actually happening.

Thank you Kelerei.

Wish there was a way to find out if my new CO has made the decision in my favor or not. Guess i will have to wait for around 3 weeks till the 2PC is done to find out what's actually happening.
    I can tell you though, from my own experiences, that if the application has gone to quality checking without you having received a PPI letter, it's a really good sign.

Thank you Kelerei.

As Erin said, it's not supposed to happen that a CO tells an applicant what his/her recommendation is before it's been through 2pc, for the reason that Kelerei has mentioned - that if the checking turns up an error, what the CO thought about the case could turn out to be wrong. This could be in either direction - s/he thought approval, but it needs to be rejected, or s/he thought rejection, but it turns out to be approvable. So if the applicant had based life-changing decisions on the untrue 'hint', it would be very bad.

Guys, I have a confirmed news that INZ have allocated COs to the applicants who submitted applications in Jan / Feb 2019. One of my friend , got inquiry from CO yesterday asking pay slips etc. He is working in security company and earning 57 k. Application was filed on 7 Feb 2019. Isn’t strange but encouraging- they are moving forward

Quote Originally Posted by Tariq Shahzad View Post
    Guys, I have a confirmed news that INZ have allocated COs to the applicants who submitted applications in Jan / Feb 2019. One of my friend , got inquiry from CO yesterday asking pay slips etc. He is working in security company and earning 57 k. Application was filed on 7 Feb 2019. Isn’t strange but encouraging- they are moving forward
    I don't understand this. Did he request an escalation?? I feel like INZ is starting to randomly select applications in the queue.
    Last edited by Yanco; 4th June 2020 at 12:42 PM.

I called INZ and to my surprise I had an officer on the phone with no wait. However, he told me my application has not been assigned to a CO (lodged 08 Feb 19).

Page 60 of 86 FirstFirst ... 5859606162 ... LastLast