Page 41 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: ITA Lodgement December 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ML2 View Post
    They will cut a lot of money then. Imagine 30,000 *$3000 per SMC application will be lost.....it will be just sow like that
    this government don't care about making money.

Quote Originally Posted by ysc5 View Post
    this government don't care about making money.
    No It's not possible.
    Remove one income from your family budget and compare how you will live after that.
    Otherwise, tax raising will happened, people will not see motivation to invest in their education here if they can't stay in NZ permanently.

So it is going to be super long and people will give up by themselves.

Honestly, it's not about money. It's about politics. Labour have to placate NZ First as they could find themselves in the same position as 2016, with Winston Peters as King/Queen maker (as the tabloids outlandishly put it). I believe immigration policies will improve if they can ditch NZ First in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicPizza View Post
    Honestly, it's not about money. It's about politics. Labour have to placate NZ First as they could find themselves in the same position as 2016, with Winston Peters as King/Queen maker (as the tabloids outlandishly put it). I believe immigration policies will improve if they can ditch NZ First in 2020.
    It is always about money.
    SMC is slow but student and work visas had been approved more then ever before. New work visas will come for low paid workers.
    It's all about money - people will come, work and pay taxes.

Yeh, it's easier to believe they don't want/like immigrants and it all personal/national or whatever reason.
    The system is just slow. Less people working in INZ, prioritization system etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ML2 View Post
    It is always about money.
    SMC is slow but student and work visas had been approved more then ever before. New work visas will come for low paid workers.
    It's all about money - people will come, work and pay taxes.

Yeh, it's easier to believe they don't want/like immigrants and it all personal/national or whatever reason.
    The system is just slow. Less people working in INZ, prioritization system etc.
    I wasn't saying they don't want or like immigrants. There's major infrastructural growth problems and a lack of people going to work in the region's. That's the government's main issues.

I was specifically talking about the SMC category, which has been in NZ First's crosshairs for awhile now. Peter's would've lowered it to just 10,000 if he had his way.

The highest numbers for student visas were 2015/2016. 2018/2019 was the highest number for Work visas, yes.

Hi everyone, sorry for the lack of communication. I have FINALLY been allocated a case officer after requesting escalation. They have come back to me asking for additional information so I hope that things start to move a bit quicker now.

Hi LARA

What reasons did u provide to ask escalation/

Quote Originally Posted by Lara18 View Post
    Hi everyone, sorry for the lack of communication. I have FINALLY been allocated a case officer after requesting escalation. They have come back to me asking for additional information so I hope that things start to move a bit quicker now.
    I wonder if this is really because of an escalation request or if they moved forward in the queue. You must have been one of the first in the normal queue anyway as you applied 11 Dec.

On the other hand if this is a successful escalation request, that must be frustrating as well that you had to wait more than a year to get an escalation request to be approved.
    Last edited by Yanco; 21st January 2020 at 02:56 PM.

I would assume that too, but we are waiting now 4 Months since they assign, after a successful escalation, one CO.

Hi Lara,

How long did it take them to request additional info since the CO is allocated? Every time I emailed my CO, she always said she would let me know if she needed more info. She said she started initial assessment, but could not give me an estimate date... Even my boss had asked me a couple times why didn't the INZ contact him yet...

Page 41 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3940414243 ... LastLast