Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 8283848586 LastLast

Thread: ITA Lodgement December 2018

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The actual check on most cases only takes about 20 minutes. The time that passes is your file waiting its turn for attention, and that varies with how many happen to be before it when it gets sent through.
    Hi JandM,

my application was sent for 2PC 6 weeks ago. I just called INZ Contact centre and they advised that the CO for quality control was assigned yesterday and is still working on my application. Is it normal for the 2nd person check to take more than 2 days?

It can be. That is, it can happen that this amount of time passes, as the official gets another call on their attention. Or perhaps the case gets referred back to the original CO for some issue, and it isn't noted in the system immediately. You *cannot* expect to track your file minute by minute - a little more patience, and the answer will come to you.

It can be. That is, it can happen that this amount of time passes, as the official gets another call on their attention. Or perhaps the case gets referred back to the original CO for some issue, and it isn't noted in the system immediately. You *cannot* expect to track your file minute by minute - a little more patience, and the answer will come to you.
    Thanks for your reply. I called INZ Call centre again today and i was advised that the @PC was done and the file was returned to a new CO. I asked if the original CO is still working and they confirmed that the Original CO is still working and the application was not returned to her. The application was sent back to a new CO. The new CO is not from support team.
    the new CO has not contacted me yet. Is this a part of standard procedure? thanks

It sounds as though 2pc checking has found something in your case that needs redoing, but meanwhile, the original CO has been reassigned to different duties. This is not unheard of. The new CO may not need input from you - the issue could be with how the paperwork was written up, for instance.

It sounds as though 2pc checking has found something in your case that needs redoing, but meanwhile, the original CO has been reassigned to different duties. This is not unheard of. The new CO may not need input from you - the issue could be with how the paperwork was written up, for instance.
    hi JandM,

My application is now with the original CO. The CO's Manager replied to my lawyer that some checks are required around employer. The CO said in her earlier emails that she recommended the application be approved. After 2PC now they are saying that the check are required for my employer and employment. Now call centre is saying that the CO is waiting for internal advise and it could take more than three Months. Does that mean that the 2PC have different recommendations? Thanks

Hi everyone,
    update from My CO is that she wants to interview me again. the file was returned to the CO for Checks around the employer by the 2PC TA.
    I have heard from many other fellow technicians in the same occupation their applications were complete within 3-6 weeks after CO allocation. i will submit OIA to have that in writing. While I understand that every application is different, in my case CO is verifying information on my application from last 18 Months. whenever asked that if my application have anything unusual they should ask me for clarification by PPI letter, the CO always replies that nothing is unusual.
    Is 2nd interview call and too after the 2PC usual? Does anyone have heard of a similar case? And after getting the information by OIA about the completion time for others in the same occupation, can I escalate to Ombudsman regarding the inconsistency?
    Thanks

I understand that you are disappointed that more processing has been found necessary by the 2pc, when you thought and expected that your case was about to be completed.

However, this is not to be seen as anything personal against you. You just need to assist the CO in whatever she asks, then wait it out.
    And after getting the information by OIA about the completion time for others in the same occupation, can I escalate to Ombudsman regarding the inconsistency?
    No, you can't. You have no grounds. Every person's situation is different, and every case is processed individually. Whatever you may hear about other people's situations, or what happened as they were dealt with by INZ, has nothing to do with what will happen to you, and cannot be regarded as a precedent.
    Does anyone have heard of a similar case?
    Yes.
    Is 2nd interview call and too after the 2PC usual?
    It's not UNusual. I've said this (and similar) many times before on these threads.
    If the 2pc official agrees with the outcome your CO recommended, in due course you will be informed. If the 2pc thinks your CO should have had more information on some point, or should have done anything differently, the file will be returned to the CO, and you will hear from the CO asking for more information or evidence. After that, the case would need to be checked again by the 2pc official.
    In your case, you've already been told that the 2pc told your CO to check further into your work situation, so this interview is part of that. When a CO interviews an applicant about their work, OFTEN the reason is so that the CO can understand exactly what the applicant does, and that the work matches the ANZSCO description, and/or counts as skilled employment. If it's that kind of interview, the applicant needs to explain patiently everything the CO wants to know - with unusual work, it sometimes (but rarely) happens that a CO actually GOES to the place of work to WATCH the person carrying out their responsibilities. Other interviews have focused on the employer/employee situation, when maybe INZ wonder if the employer has given full and accurate information. You CANNOT KNOW exactly what your CO has been told to re-verify until you hear what she asks you. Notice, there may be nothing of concern in the real-world situation of you, your employer and your work - this COULD all be about the way the CO checked (or didn't) in the first place, or how she recorded (or didn't) everything for the file. I don't know what has caused all this, and nor do you, and you are quite likely never going to know. It's an uncomfortable time in your existence that just has to be lived through. How you FEEL about it will have no effect whatever on INZ. Your CO has to follow the 2pc official's directions - she has no choice. The 2pc official has to flag up anything that seems doubtful in the file - s/he has no choice.

I understand that you are disappointed that more processing has been found necessary by the 2pc, when you thought and expected that your case was about to be completed.

However, this is not to be seen as anything personal against you. You just need to assist the CO in whatever she asks, then wait it out.
    No, you can't. You have no grounds. Every person's situation is different, and every case is processed individually. Whatever you may hear about other people's situations, or what happened as they were dealt with by INZ, has nothing to do with what will happen to you, and cannot be regarded as a precedent.
    Yes.
    It's not UNusual. I've said this (and similar) many times before on these threads. In your case, you've already been told that the 2pc told your CO to check further into your work situation, so this interview is part of that. When a CO interviews an applicant about their work, OFTEN the reason is so that the CO can understand exactly what the applicant does, and that the work matches the ANZSCO description, and/or counts as skilled employment. If it's that kind of interview, the applicant needs to explain patiently everything the CO wants to know - with unusual work, it sometimes (but rarely) happens that a CO actually GOES to the place of work to WATCH the person carrying out their responsibilities. Other interviews have focused on the employer/employee situation, when maybe INZ wonder if the employer has given full and accurate information. You CANNOT KNOW exactly what your CO has been told to re-verify until you hear what she asks you. Notice, there may be nothing of concern in the real-world situation of you, your employer and your work - this COULD all be about the way the CO checked (or didn't) in the first place, or how she recorded (or didn't) everything for the file. I don't know what has caused all this, and nor do you, and you are quite likely never going to know. It's an uncomfortable time in your existence that just has to be lived through. How you FEEL about it will have no effect whatever on INZ. Your CO has to follow the 2pc official's directions - she has no choice. The 2pc official has to flag up anything that seems doubtful in the file - s/he has no choice.
    Thanks for your Reply JandM. CO have Interviewed me before about the Job duties and The interview was 2 hours long. But If you have heard of a 2nd Interview after the 2PC, then that is a relief that it is not unusual. Thanks

Good luck.

Hello everyone in the batch of ITA Lodgement December 2018.
    How are you in 2021?
    I may be the last one to get the result from INZ...
    Finger-cross everything will be fine to get the SMC RV.

EOI Selected: 03/10/2018
    ITA: 10/10/2018
    Lodgement Date: 31/12/2018
    come to NZ in 2019
    CO 1st Contact: 26/08/2020
    Invitation to apply JSV: 30/10/2020
    Apply JSV: 11/1/2021
    Hunted a Skilled Job: 1/2/2021

Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 8283848586 LastLast