Thread: Partnership visa help please

Default Partnership visa help please

Can anyone please give me some info on partnership visas?
    Is a temporary partnership based temporary visa under the residence category?
    I had a partner 4 years ago who we applied and was successful at getting a temporary non work visitor visa, not long after that was granted the relationship ended and she left to go back overseas.
    I'm now in a new relationship for the last year and I want to bring her over on a partner work visa.
    Does the previous temporary visa count under the 5 yr rule? It wasn't a residence visa so I'm hoping it doesn't. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

See V3.15.5, here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#45662.htm
    When determining the eligibility of the New Zealand partner to support a partnership-based visitor visa application, immigration officers must consider whether the New Zealand resident partner will be eligible to support a partnership-based residence class visa application (see F2.10.10) within 12 months of the grant of the visa.
    If the New Zealand partner would not be eligible to support a partnership-based residence class visa application within 12 months of the grant of the visa, the application for the visitor visa may be declined (see F2.10.10).
    And F2.10.10 is talking about having supported another partner for residence in the previous five years.

Thank you for your reply. The thing I'm concerned about is the wording of "resident class" visa, does a temporary partnership visa fall into that catergory? I've looked everywhere I can think of to find that info.

The link I have quoted tells you that if you WILL BE eligible to sponsor your partner for residence within the next year - that is, within the life of this partner-sponsored work visa that you want to apply for now - then you'll be eligible to sponsor her for the work visa. So since your other partner left somewhen around four years ago, even IF that visa counted like residence (which I don't think it does), from five years later, which must be fairly soon, you will be eligible to sponsor your new partner for residence, and therefore, a year before that, you'll be eligible to sponsor her for the work visa.