Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Offshore SMC - 2019 Updates

Quote Originally Posted by pac.man View Post
    I am desperately waiting for the final outcome. My case is in 2 PC since 22nd Jan 2019
    Wishing you a blessed outcome sooner 🙏
    Hang in there right 👍

Got offer for JSV today.
    Have few questions now on my mind:

1. Need to book return ticket or just one way?
    2. How much minimum funds are required for 3 months in NZ? Last 3 months bank statements are enough as evidence?
    3. what travel arrangements to New Zealand are needed? Do I need to submit air tickets and hotel booking?
    4. Do I need to provide SMC Job search form, travel arrangement details, sufficient funds evidence etc to nearest VAC center or just passport for scanning?

"Thank you for your recent application for residence under the Skilled Migrant Category (SMC).
    We would like to give you the opportunity to apply for a SMC Job Search visa to allow you to realise this potential by obtaining an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand. If you are granted this visa, a decision on your application for residence will be deferred for 12 months. You will have 12 months from the date of visa issuance to travel to New Zealand to obtain an offer of skilled employment.
    Your family members cannot be included in your application for a SMC Job Search visa. In order to accompany you or to stay in New Zealand, your family members will need to apply for temporary entry class visas in their own right. Please see www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/ for details of temporary entry class visas. "

Documents required
    To apply for a SMC Job Search visa you must apply within three months of the date of this letter and supply the following documents:
    A completed SMC Job Search application form
    Evidence of your travel arrangements to New Zealand
    Evidence that you have sufficient funds to support yourself for three months in New Zealand
    Evidence that you have sufficient funds to purchase an outward ticket from New Zealand
    Your passport

Please send your original, valid passport to your nearest Visa Application Centre for scanning purpose. Please ensure that validity of the passport is at least two years. We can still issue a visa to you if validity of your current passport is less than two years. However, you would have to apply for a transfer of label in future when a new passport is obtained or your current passport is renewed. See www.immigration.govt.nz/contact/offices to locate your nearest VAC.
    Last edited by pac.man; 14th February 2019 at 09:43 PM.

Congratulations pac.man! I honestly thought that you get JSV the least when they approve but looking at your post, it needs another request.

sona, that is normal - INZ offer the person the SMC JSV, but don't assume they will take the chance.

pac.man.
    See here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#41539.htm - this answers some of your queries.
    1. You don't book a return flight - for one thing, you hope you won't need it, and for another, you can't usually book something that is open for more than 12 months ahead.
    2. See the link, and yes.
    3. Yes, or, if not hotel/hostel/lodging booking, a letter from any friend or family member who might be supplying you with somewhere to stay.
    4. Does the paperwork include a form that you have to fill in, and if so, does it have instructions about where to send it and accompanying evidence?

Thank you JandM. You have been very helpful. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by pac.man View Post
    Thank you JandM. You have been very helpful. God bless.
    Good luck to you my friend pac.man 👍
    JandM, follow-up Q, so once we receive invite for JSV, we again go back to backlog Queue? I mean to say like new application for JSV, with more than one month for lodgement then another 4-5 months of CO assignment wait or they treat JSV applications separately and on priority? Also after receiving JSV, is there any minimum time before that needs to be activated by entering into NZ?

It's not in the same section as the SMC applications, or any procedure much. You're invited by INZ to apply for the SMC JSV, knowing that you meet all the requirements EXCEPT having an NZ skilled job, so it's already known that you are entitled to it to the JSV - there's nothing to be checked out, just the paperwork to be done.

This https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#41539.htm is all I can see about the SMC JSV, and it doesn't include stating its 'life' before you have to enter. Can somebody who has recently had one of these help us out, please?

Thank you and God bless 🙏

Time before you have to enter - read the post by pac.man and found this - “You will have 12 months from the date of visa issuance to travel to New Zealand to obtain an offer of skilled employment.” So looks like clock starts the moment SMC JSV is issued.

@pac.man, where these documents are requested to be sent? Auckland office again or directly to CO?

Quote Originally Posted by sona View Post
    Time before you have to enter - read the post by pac.man and found this - “You will have 12 months from the date of visa issuance to travel to New Zealand to obtain an offer of skilled employment.” So looks like clock starts the moment SMC JSV is issued.

@pac.man, where these documents are requested to be sent? Auckland office again or directly to CO?
    CO said I can email the docs or physically mail them but my passport has to be scanned by nearest VAC Center

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast