Thread: Skilled Migrant Category Residence Application - Declaring partner but not including

Default Skilled Migrant Category Residence Application - Declaring partner but not including

Hi,

I recently received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for SMC residency application.

However the question I have is regarding my partner, in the initial EOI application form I have declared I am in a partnership as per the requirements on the form, however I have stated that I will not be including my partner in my residency application as they will be applying in accordance with the time frame specified on their Work to Residence Visa scheme.

Therefore, do I need to provide documentation for my partner, i.e. police certificates, photographs etc. If I have just declared them on the application but I am not including them on the application?

Thanks
    Last edited by abennett92; 20th January 2019 at 07:59 AM.

To your basic question, the answer is no - you don't have to give evidence about them if you're not including them.

However, I do wonder why you and your partner don't want to take advantage of doing just ONE application for residence, rather than yours now and your partner's later on, paying two lots of fees? If your partner is included on your SMC application, s/he would still get exactly the same Residence as would result from doing Residence From Work later. Residence is Residence - there aren't any advantages to getting it one way rather than the other.