Thread: Shipping Dog from USA

Default Shipping Dog from USA

Just when I thought we were doing a good job of staying on top of things for the move. We screwed up the dog's move

We thought we were all set to buy tickets for March 1st (when the lease is up on our house), spend a week on the west coast while my dog stayed with my sister/neighbours and then have my sister ship the dog out to LA and then we'd all travel to Auckland together.

We had the dog's six month titre done ages ago, we checked that there would be room in the Auckland quarantine facility.

However, we neglected to hire the pet export company until today.

I can't believe I called the furniture movers before the pet movers!!

We thought the final dog tests/shots, etc could all be done in 4 weeks. I've read over the import website a million times. But apprently it takes 6 weeks to get the import permit.

Plus, the pet export company cannot ship the dog until March 16th at the earliest.

We'll sort something out, I just wanted to share with everyone what an idiot I am!!!
    Susan

Ohhhhhhhhhhh poor pooch.

I'm sure you have had enough on your plate recently and it is easy to skim read. I know, I'm guilty of that often.

Hope you get things sorted and just think of his little face when he does see you in Auckland.

Deborah

Oof, that's too bad - hope you can get things straightened out soon! Thanks for the post- we contacted a pet moved last year just to get a cost estimate (now THAT was heart-stopping) and we did their titres, but it's good to be aware that we need to allow that much time for last-minute tests, etc.

I love our dogs, but they DO complicate things, don't they? We're taking a week trip to Wellington in April for my OH to talk to some recruiting companies and to let us both to look at rental/house prices and generally decide if we want to move to NZ badly enough to make it worth the expense and stress of selling our house and moving a 20 ft container of our belongings and two 40+ lb dogs halfway 'round the world!