Thread: Credit card charge

Default Credit card charge

I’ve got a $0 charge from “Visa provisioning service NZ”, listed on my credit card account for Saturday 26 Jan. Is this INZ? And would they do a “test” charge? I only posted my application Friday and according to NZ Post, delivery would be Tuesday or Wednesday (1-2 working days).

Did you register and set up Android/Apple Pay in the weekend?

No definitely not!

Just googeled without the NZ and I can see why you asked - apparently it does relate to online payments. Hm wonder which one it is for!

Ok I've gone into my internet banking now and it looks like it's to do with my Uber ride, as there was $0 charged by Uber as well at that same time. Weird how they now do a second charge then. Cheers mlg you've pointed me in the right direction :-)

Well that would have been my guess for it - that is when I've seen it on my card statement. Is it a joint account and maybe your partner registered for one of those services?
    If not, maybe call your bank to get more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Nether111 View Post
    Ok I've gone into my internet banking now and it looks like it's to do with my Uber ride, as there was $0 charged by Uber as well at that same time. Weird how they now do a second charge then. Cheers mlg you've pointed me in the right direction :-)
    Are the transactions at exactly the same time? That seems weird. I know Uber generally always does the zero dollar transaction and then does the actual charge later but I've never seen the visa provisioning service come through with it - that seems odd. If they are at exactly the same time with the same card number then it would seem they are related. If not, just keep an eye on your card statement for any fraudulent transactions.
    Last edited by mainlandgay; 28th January 2019 at 08:57 AM.

Yeah it’s the same card. I’ll keep an eye out - could ask them bank but as it’s exactly the same time it does look like it’s an uber thing, so the bank probably wont be able to explain.

Uber customer service is a bot so that won’t get my anywhere either I guess!