Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: SMC Applications submitted in January 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Frankgo View Post
    I would think that a Government agency providing wrong information under the OIA is a massive f*ck up.

And by the way, the FYI website is down, so we can't access the post where they say 9th of January.

Attachment 3672
    I just thought to myself I should probably go and take a screenshot of the page... Hopefully it's still there whenever the "maintenance" is complete (or, if not, available on the Wayback Machine)

Quote Originally Posted by JHadders View Post
    I just thought to myself I should probably go and take a screenshot of the page... Hopefully it's still there whenever the "maintenance" is complete (or, if not, available on the Wayback Machine)
    How much maintenance does that site need? It's always down for maintenance almost every time I've tried to look at it over the last 6 months.

[QUOTE=Frankgo;589884]I would think that a Government agency providing wrong information under the OIA is a massive f*ck up.

And by the way, the FYI website is down, so we can't access the post where they say 9th of January.]

Is this what you are looking for? Had taken screenshot yesterday.
    Immi Delay.jpg

Confirmation received from Technical Adviser in SMC team today:

Lodgement date of oldest application in main queue: 17 December 2018
    Lodgement date of oldest application in priority queue: 27 November 2019

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Confirmation received from Technical Adviser in SMC team today:

Lodgement date of oldest application in main queue: 17 December 2018
    Lodgement date of oldest application in priority queue: 27 November 2019
    Thanks for the info Erin. Is this team also in charge of the RTW applications?

Quote Originally Posted by francovm View Post
    Thanks for the info Erin. Is this team also in charge of the RTW applications?
    Earlier in the year they merged the queues, previously RFW applications were all priority but now they fall in to the same criteria and time frames as SMC.

so is the OIA wrong ?

VedSaumya screenshot says 9 Jan 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ysc5 View Post
    so is the OIA wrong ?

VedSaumya screenshot says 9 Jan 2019

Yes the OIAresponse is wrong. They seemingly got it right in the phone, then changed it in the written correspondence and now Erin has asked a TA who has said the December date is accurate. I'm not sure what the ramifications are for supplying false information on an OIA request are but I suspect there will be none.

There would be ramifications for INZ if the person who made the OIA request that came back with the 9 Jan 2019 info complained to the Ombudsman.

So I've just called Immigration to let them know that the last repatriation flight to my home country has left yesterday, and the government will not send anymore planes to New Zealand. If you choose to stay here, good luck.

Therefore as from today I am almost a refugee . If I want to go back, it will have to be in a canoe.

Maybe I should know better by now, but the person at the phone told me that some applications from January where given a CO already.

Also his guess was that I should getting my residency processed during the year I will get from applying to the extension of my ESV, as it shouldn't be too long before I get a CO......................

I took the opportunity to do some catharsis and tell him how unfair this new set of rules was.

Lastly, there is a bit more information that I want to share, but before reading it please keep in mind that English is my second language and also was the case for the person on the phone, and I am not quite sure he understood my question as I had to rephrase it quite a few times.

My question was "do you know if anyone who didn't fulfill the prioritization criteria and gained residency during the last year?"

His answer was he hasn't seen such a thing happening, but there could be a possibility that he interpreted my question like "does anyone that didn't complied with the priority criteria been given a case officer faster than me?".

PS: I want my bananas for changing my status from immigrant to refugee eh!

Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3738394041 ... LastLast