Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: SMC Applications submitted in January 2019

Quote Originally Posted by deverett View Post
    Our theory was we'd rather send the best evidence all certified for absolutely everything in and filed it all nicely matching the ITA letter sections with cover pages for each detailing what was inside and why it was included to make the co's life as easy as possible to try and get it approved with the least resistance. We'll see how it goes but I know when I get sent anything at work I'll always favour work from someone who was thorough and detailed as it makes my life easier and I can turn it around quicker so thought a CO might appreciate the extra care to make it a bit easier for them.
    We were advised to do pretty much this with my application (plus, our LIA submitted a legal argument explaining why we met each and every immigration instruction, referenced to the evidence we provided) -- and for us, it resulted in the decision being made and application being sent off for the second person check in under a week. And this was as recent as April last year. For us, the second person check turned out to be the longest part of the process: our application was allocated to a case officer almost instantaneously, and 2PC ended up taking 5 weeks.

Standard disclaimer applies: every application is different, and thus your mileage will certainly vary.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 4th August 2020 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deverett View Post
    Our theory was we'd rather send the best evidence all certified for absolutely everything in and filed it all nicely matching the ITA letter sections with cover pages for each detailing what was inside and why it was included to make the co's life as easy as possible to try and get it approved with the least resistance. We'll see how it goes but I know when I get sent anything at work I'll always favour work from someone who was thorough and detailed as it makes my life easier and I can turn it around quicker so thought a CO might appreciate the extra care to make it a bit easier for them.
    this is pretty much what we did when we submitted our documents. All document evidence with an individual cover page with details. goodluck! hopefully your application goes smooth.

Details received via an OIA regarding the volume of non-priority applications lodged in the final days of 2018:

"As at 29 July 2020 the following number of applications were accepted on the below dates:

Total applications
    • 21 December 2018: 39
    • 24 December 2018: 32
    • 27 December 2018: 12
    • 28 December 2018: 05

Non-allocated applications
    • 21 December 2018: 30
    • 24 December 2018: 24
    • 27 December 2018: 11
    • 28 December 2018: 04

Please note that the above figures are broken down into total applications on hand and separately, non-allocated applications. The total applications show the total undecided applications which have come from the non-priority queue. The non-allocated applications show the applications as of 29 July 2020 which remain unallocated in the non-priority queue.

The difference between the two columns shows the amount from the non-priority queue which are currently allocated to an Immigration Officer for assessment but remain undecided."

So this proves that INZ are allocating non-priority applications out of date order, as 8 applications lodged on 24 Dec have already been allocated while there are still 30 applications lodged on 21 Dec still waiting in the queue.

Is anyone from January 2019 non-priority have been allocated CO? my LIA told me that INZ is not allocating January 2019 applicants. Don't know if this is true. Thanks

deverett has been assigned a CO. He is from the 10th of January.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankgo View Post
    deverett has been assigned a CO. He is from the 10th of January.
    He got in priority Queue because of his wife making that magical number.

Quote Originally Posted by benz View Post
    Is anyone from January 2019 non-priority have been allocated CO? my LIA told me that INZ is not allocating January 2019 applicants. Don't know if this is true. Thanks
    front of queue is apparently 21 Dec

Quote Originally Posted by satty02 View Post
    He got in priority Queue because of his wife making that magical number.
    We still don't know that for sure, they still haven't responded to us about our request and I still don't dare ask them the question in case it's a mistake 😁

My online status changed to APPROVED yesterday.
    INZ is working from home! Don't give up guys!

This forum definitely helped me to push forward my application process. I got courage and advice (special thanks to Erin!!!) to keep following up with INZ. The new CO I got reallocated is as fast as an efficient human, but it's the encouragement I received here pushed me to push INZ to get reallocated to a new CO. The more materials the new CO requested, the more hopeless and useless the previous CO seems to be.

Submitted Jan 21, 2019
    Escalation requested sent & approved Dec 10, 2019
    CO Allocated Dec 12 or 13 (I didn't find out until Dec 17), 2019
    CO reallocated July 17, 2020 -- sent 7 emails to request more info
    Approved August 17, 2020

Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4142434445 ... LastLast