Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: SMC Applications submitted in January 2019

Congratulations Deverett

Just wondering do you need to match and cover all the points under the Anzsco code to convince the officer ?

Quote Originally Posted by deverett View Post
    Knock yourself out.

It was a hard interview, not because the questions were hard but she really struggled to understand my company or my job. It really boiled down to what do you do every day and what does your company do. So had to give examples of projects I work on, which was hard as I work on stupid amounts and most of them are around "service given" as described in the anzsco code. I do dozens of micro projects including the technical elements then coordinate technical staff on the larger ones instead of doing the work myself. I was not confident after the interview as I didn't think it came across what I actually did. I also offered evidence of purchase orders I'm involved in and email chains showing chasing technical staff and coming up with deliverables on projects.

My role is really weird though, I work on both IT and infrastructure projects as well as dealing with services given. Transcending all of these is just a weird but they must agree I hit the description. Not much prep you can do, I had my job spec and anzsco code on hand just in case but didn't need them, just explain what you do and if it hits the anzsco code you should be fine.
    Congratulation Deverett! Thank you for sharing!! feeling a little nervous now as the queue is moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
    Congratulations Deverett

Just wondering do you need to match and cover all the points under the Anzsco code to convince the officer ?
    I'm not sure on those rules I'm afraid. I presume you need to tick enough boxes but not essentially all of them. Also assume most of you work must be off the definition, you couldn't claim to be a chef but spend 80% of your time running the front of house at a restaurant. I can say I don't do at least one of the anzsco things listed, but that's because "reviewing and arranging accomodation" isn't something a company with a permanent home would ever do.

I did also have some things not necessarily covered by anzsco code but they are covered by more technical ones, so not sure if that factors in that they were skilled in a different area.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
    Congratulations Deverett

Yes Rocki... its a must requirement.

You should be doing all those tasks outlines under ANZSCO code you applied your residency under.

This week has been gruelling, last friday we were anticipating approval but since then we have:

Been bounced back from 2PC to our CO on Monday
    Grilled in a phone interview for over 90 minutes on Tuesday
    Submitted more work evidence to support the interview claims on Wednesday
    Been sent back to 2PC on Thursday
    Attempted to escalate our 2PC based on a letter from our midwife suggesting they get on with so we can either leave or make a birthing plan on Thursday night

I didn't expect any of this, however...

WE GOT APPROVED ON FRIDAY!!!

I'll dig out the dates of the rest of our timeline, but we got a CO early August, so this took about 7 weeks from CO to approval for a Project Administrator, 20 months in total from applying to today.

yay! congratulations! at long last

It seems to be necessary to cover nearly all of the ANZSCO description - say, 80%+.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It seems to be necessary to cover nearly all of the ANZSCO description - say, 80%+.
    It can be pretty confusing working out which, but not all tasks are relevant to an applicant's claimed ANZSCO occupation. Sometimes if you look into the IPT assessments, they refer to which tasks are relevant to an occupation. It's good practice to assess skilled emoyment against all tasks as an applicant may be a substantial match to a different occupation than the one they've claimed.

This week has been gruelling, last friday we were anticipating approval but since then we have:

Been bounced back from 2PC to our CO on Monday
    Grilled in a phone interview for over 90 minutes on Tuesday
    Submitted more work evidence to support the interview claims on Wednesday
    Been sent back to 2PC on Thursday
    Attempted to escalate our 2PC based on a letter from our midwife suggesting they get on with so we can either leave or make a birthing plan on Thursday night

I didn't expect any of this, however...

WE GOT APPROVED ON FRIDAY!!!

I'll dig out the dates of the rest of our timeline, but we got a CO early August, so this took about 7 weeks from CO to approval for a Project Administrator, 20 months in total from applying to today.
    Congrats!

Wow, Deverett, I seem to have missed out on congratulating you!

Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4849505152 ... LastLast