Thread: Waiting for Residency but need a new Work Visa

Default Waiting for Residency but need a new Work Visa

Hi there,

I applied for my partnership-based residency at the start of January. I have only heard from them once, which is fine as it's early days.

My current work visa runs out May 19th this year but I'm heading to the UK on May 4th – it will run out while I'm abroad.

I know I need to get a new Work Visa, but do I need to go through all the same 'proving there is no kiwi to do the job' checklist?

I've been working in this job over a year now. Will a work visa application for a job I've been in for a while take as long as trying to get one for a new job?

I just don't want to be left with no visa while I'm in the UK, then I can't get back into NZ. I'm just concerned neither of them will be approved before I leave.

Any advice appreciated

wouldn't you now be applying for a partnership based work visa?

I'm on a 2-year essentials skills visa at the moment. I was just going to apply for another one of those to fill the gap between partner residency. The reason I went for partnership is because it's a quarter of the price, and I have to jump through fewer hoops than SMC.

If you are eligible for the partnership-based residency then you are eligible for a partnership open work visa. You can just submit the same docs you submitted for your residency (yes, you have to submit the same docs again). Easy, painless, open and not linked to an employee.

I agree.

Thanks for the responses sounds like a Partnership Work Visa will be the easiest option for me.