Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EOI Declined

Quote Originally Posted by cakes88 View Post
    You can try to get it assessed with NZQA and include it on your EOI, I guess it's worth a try. Otherwise try to seek assistance with professional.

Good luck
    Thanks a lot Cakes88,

I'm gonna find out if it's worth getting my bachelor degree assessed.
    Appreciate the help :-)

Quote Originally Posted by larrykiwi View Post
    I think you should try to reason with the officer you sent you the refusal to issue ITA first. Submitting another EOI is not allowing you to explain your argument.
    Hi larrykiwi,

Thanks, I will try to gather as much evidence I can in support of my claim and then will write back to him.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    It sounds as if the person assessing your EOI has made an error. As per SM6.10.20, you're required to have a relevant recognised qualification that is at, or above, the qualification level on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF) (see SM8.10) that corresponds to the indicative skill level described for their skill level 1, 2 or 3 occupation in the ANZSCO. So it is the level of the qualification, and not the name of the qualification which counts. While ANZSCO states "commensurate with a Bachelor Degree", it is the NZQF that is referred to in instructions. Bachelor's degrees occupy Level 7 on the NZQF, but so do Graduate Diplomas and Certificates. So if your qualification is a Level 7, it is therefore commensurate with the requirements of the ANZSCO description.

I'd challenge the declined EOI - send an email to eoimanukau@mbie.govt.nz.
    Hi Erin,

I'm extremely grateful for you providing this information, Thanks a lot I really appriciate the help.
    I will try to gather as much evidence I can in support of my claim and then will write back to the email mentioned.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Allune, thanks for all this help. Please can you post the link to connect to this part of the INZ regulations, so people reading this later can refer back to where it has come from?
    Hi @JandM thanks for the reminder. This is an addendum to my post in this thread (post#8) as I couldn't edit anymore...

I found the information from here, under the LTSSL dropdown link:

http://skillshortages.immigration.go...stems-analyst/

It's what's listed on the LTSSL PDF document as well:

http://skillshortages.immigration.go...rtage-list.pdf

@IT_GUY Maybe also engage the IT Professionals NZ (ITPNZ) for their assessment if you really want to claim LTSSL/absolute skills shortage points. The LTSSL clearly states it has to be a bachelor's degree with a major in any of the listed degrees that you must have but if the degree has been certified by ITPNZ it only requires an NZQF level 7 qualification. Just an idea... not saying it'll work...

" A qualification at NZQF Level 7 or higher, with a letter from IT
    Professionals New Zealand certifying that the degree and any further
    learning meet the benchmark requirements towards Chartered IT
    Professional New Zealand status"
    Last edited by allune; 1st February 2019 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allune View Post
    Hi @JandM thanks for the reminder. This is an addendum to my post in this thread (post#8) as I couldn't edit anymore...

I found the information from here, under the LTSSL dropdown link:

http://skillshortages.immigration.go...stems-analyst/

It's what's listed on the LTSSL PDF document as well:

http://skillshortages.immigration.go...rtage-list.pdf

@IT_GUY Maybe also engage the IT Professionals NZ (ITPNZ) for their assessment if you really want to claim LTSSL/absolute skills shortage points. The LTSSL clearly states it has to be a bachelor's degree with a major in any of the listed degrees that you must have but if the degree has been certified by ITPNZ it only requires an NZQF level 7 qualification. Just an idea... not saying it'll work...

" A qualification at NZQF Level 7 or higher, with a letter from IT
    Professionals New Zealand certifying that the degree and any further
    learning meet the benchmark requirements towards Chartered IT
    Professional New Zealand status"
    Hi allune,
    Unfortunately claiming those 20 points whon't help me get to the mininum required 160 as I'm on 100 now.
    Skilled Employment+Outide Auckland will fix the problem by me gaining 80 points.
    I'm thinking about changing the job code used but not sure if that's a good move? - I have found a job code that's level 3 and close to what I do.
    Please let me know if you have any information about this.

Thanks

Hi there @IT_GUY

What did you end up doing? Has your EOI been accepted again?

Quote Originally Posted by allune View Post
    Hi there @IT_GUY

What did you end up doing? Has your EOI been accepted again?
    Hi allune,

I got the letter from ITPNZ and that was enough to get my EOI accepted again, Lost some time in the process though.

Cheers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123