Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 LastLast

Thread: Tracking of INZ backlog from lodgement to CO assignment

Looks like they added a new column for '50% of applications completed within'. However, how can these processing times be fair if they priority process quite a lot of applications, while the majority is just sitting in a queue, waiting.. The priority processing brings the average processing time down, but it's not relevant. Would love to see an average processing time for non-prioritised applications instead of just the average processing time with the prioritised and normal applications combined.

But I guess for INZ, processing more priority applications at the moment than normal applications is a good way for them to bring the overall average processing time down to make it look like it's less dramatic than it actually is..

new.jpg
    Last edited by Yanco; 12th August 2019 at 09:04 AM.

I'll say the non-prioritised application going to sit between 75%-90% processing timeframe and the more complex/ offshore non-prioritised could be sit beyond the 90% timeframe.
    However, those timeframe is somehow irrelevant as it's always changing every month so it's kinda hard to predict when's our application going to be processed and finalized.

If anyone is still trusting what INZ is saying (I am not), here is Peter Elms- Assistant General Manager's interview to a radio channel yesterday. Hope what he is saying is correct.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...71680209548847

I spotted that new '50%' column today too, Yanco. I have just sent a complaint to INZ via the INZcomplaintsandfeedback@mbie.govt.nz email address, to point out that the data used for the webpage timeframes is skewed by the 'cherry picking' process that INZ is currently operating and is not representative of the timeframe for the vast majority of applicants. All that INZ are doing by stating that 50% of SMC applications are processed within 6 months is trying to make themselves look better while instilling anxiety and fear into a significant number of applicants who have been waiting more than 8 months for their application to even be allocated to an Immigration Officer, leading them to wonder what is 'wrong' with their application.

Manukau Immigration Manager, Emma McFarland, confirmed to me via email today that the SMC queue still has applications lodged on 7 December at the front of it. This is the 6th week running that the front of the allocation queue has still had 7 December 2018 applications waiting to be lodged. So it's taking 8 months and 6 days (and growing) for an SMC application in the main queue to be allocated to an Immigration Officer. Emma McFarland also confirmed that weekly allocations are a mix of applications which meet INZ's own internally-set criteria for prioritisation, applicants who have successfully requested priority via the EmploymentVisaEscalations@mbie.govt.nz email address, Residence from Work applications and those from the main queue.

It's unclear when this mess is going to be sorted and it seems that INZ is putting all it's energy and focus on attending to the mess with Partnership applications and other certain Temp applications that are getting the most media attention or lobbying from the right groups. So the poor old SMC backlog seems to be being ignored and will continue to grow until someone speaks up about it.

Sorry to say that this will be my last forum post for a few months - I am now 37 weeks pregnant, huge and uncomfortable So I need to put my feet up from now and await the arrival of child #3. Sorry that I won't be around to update on here regarding allocation timeframes for a while. I hope that INZ pick their game up while I am on leave and you all get the outcome you deserve sooner rather than later! Best of luck to all and I'll be back towards the end of this year

Any updates from anyone who has applied for a partner of a NZer work visa for the first time? We applied mid April and still don't have a CO. Its been 4 months! When we applied the timings were that it takes 4 months for 95% of applications

Hadn't shared our one in here yet.

Skilled migrant category on shore
    Lodged 10/01/2019
    Payment taken 9/2/2019
    Still not heard a word other than check the processing times page since then.

Hi all, just a heads up to say my LTSS work visa has been transferred to a Residence Visa as of yesterday...

Applied 27 June 2019
    Approved 19 August 2019

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Congratulations!

Thanks for all your help! You've been a great help to me since I first joined all that way back. If anyone wants to know more about my timeline please see my post history, its all documented. Good luck to the rest of you all reading this

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 LastLast