Thread: Average time for Mandatory Third Party Checks???

Default Average time for Mandatory Third Party Checks???

Hi,

Does anyone know what exactly is the third party check and average time for third party checks??

I enquired CO regarding the expected processing time for my application, CO did not confirm anything but said there is a mandatory third party check which can take up to 6 months.

6 months is too much, I doubt that my prospective employer will wait that much...

Please advise,

Regards,
    Last edited by ozman750; 4th February 2019 at 08:18 PM.

This is another way of speaking about what is usually known as the second-person check (2pc). Here's an old post which explains. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...921#post557921

There is no such thing as an average time for a case passing through 2pc - it takes as long as it takes, with most of the wait being while the file works its way to the front of the queue. Your CO told you the worst-case scenario, as it is EXTREMELY rare for any case to take that long. Do a search on the forum for 2pc, and you will see people's recent experiences.

Thanks JandM, What I was thinking that third party check is the external background checks....and I was wondering why the case officer is waiting to start external background checks till now...

If third party check is 2pc, then ok....normally it is not taking long for many people in the forum and I hope I am also the lucky one to get that quicker than what CO has told.

Oh, I see... I suppose your CO could have been talking about those. Sorry if I've raised your hopes early. If s/he did mean the queries about your evidence, the "gap" in activity that you think you're seeing could be because of any CO's rotating workload of 100 cases or so. Replies (from you or third parties) go into the file, wherever it is in the rotating queue, and the CO will only see them when the file has worked its way to the front of the queue again for its next turn for her/his attention. S/He ticks off any points that are proved, sends any more queries that seem to be needed, then puts your file to the back again, and so on, round and round. It's not till the moment when ALL the queries have been answered so everything has been ticked off that s/he can recommend a decision. It's still true that six months is about the longest time - if all the people answer promptly, it can all go through much sooner.

Oh man!!! Indeed you raised my hopes, but still your last line is encouraging "its still true that six months is about the longest time"...lets hope for the best...I would still be fine if I get it latest by july or august... but after august I shall be in a big dilemma

My NSC took 7,5 months. They were experiencing a backlog as per CO.

Any NZ employer who offers a job to a foreigner already knows that everything, including a possible start date, depends on INZ issuing a visa. They can't influence INZ any more than you can influence INZ, so they should know that waiting is part of the whole situation.

And I should add that 6 months-ish or less for verification can well be the case AS LONG AS everyone who needs to reply saying that your evidence is true does so promptly - for instance, present employer, ex-employers, the institution that awarded your qualification(s), anyone testifying to your relationship. You can ask all such people please to watch out for INZ queries, and to deal with them as a matter of urgency (but obviously, you mustn't have anything directly to do with writing the answers). When the CO has had all the replies, s/he will decide on what decision to recommend, and then, at that point, the case will go to another department for 2pc.