Thread: E-Visa transfer communication

Default E-Visa transfer communication

Hi forum members

Anyone has recently applied for a transfer of an e-visa? Do you get any sort of communication that your application has been accepted? e.g. an email or online status change etc? Or do you just get a new e-visa and your passport couriered back in a couple of weeks?
    I've sent 2 x of my passports (both valid) along with my application to INZ on Monday and haven't heard anything yet. Tracking shows that it's been delivered.
    I'm not in a hurry or anything but it'd be good to know what happens next, considering that I've given them both of my passports.
    e-Visa to e-Visa.

Thanks

Hi, Yes, I applied 4 weeks ago for a e-visa transfer. After 4 weeks, I received an email from immigration Tuesday and tracking number for my passports.

4 weeks is a bit more than 13 days on their website! (But no surprises here)
    In the email, did you get an updated e-visa?

(why can't they automate it? I've done the same with my Au visa and it is literally less than 5 minutes to update your passport details online. Sigh)

I think they just want to make sure our new passport is legit.

Regarding the processing times, I couldn't believe what they said on the web anymore considering their current staffing level and backlog. That's why these days, they only ask for certified copy of passport instead of original.

I would assume that it'd be a different department but even with that, I wouldn't expect INZ to be in line with any of their timelines.
    The automated system clearly works for Australia so I really can't be convinced that this can't be done here. You upload a scan of your passport and fill out a one page form. Done!

I've sent the originals because i couldn't be bothered going to a JP and don't have any overseas trips booked... There is also no option for transfer from valid passport to another valid passport (which is legal in my citizenship country) so we'll see what happens.

I'm assuming it has now been lodged as I have a new "Resident - pending'' in my online cabinet.
    Just shows up as another pending resident application with no indication that it's actually a visa transfer application.