Thread: Residency application in progress, still awaiting CO but circumstances may change

Default Residency application in progress, still awaiting CO but circumstances may change

Good morning,

Hoping to get some info on the above topic. I lodged my residency application October 2018 - still awaiting a CO. I am the main applicant for the residency application but we are all in NZ on my husbands Essential Skills visa. There are some changes on the horizon as he may be getting a much better job offer in Hamilton within the next few weeks. We currently reside in Auckland, my questions are as follow

1) If I can get a transfer within the same company, same role, just different location - will that affect my residency application?
    2) I am aware that for hubby a VOC can be done - just feels like a waste of money with a current residency application looming

What I really am worried about is that I have a pending residency application in the active queue @ Manukau Offices. Do I cancel my residency application or can I just change our jobs by sending the updated information to INZ? Really don't want to go all the way to the back of the queue because of a simple change.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You absolutely do NOT have to cancel your application.

If you change your job, you must let INZ know, and they will check to make sure that it meets the requirements for SMC. Even if they have already checked your present job, that will not now count - they will have to be satisfied that the new job that you will hold meets the criteria.

If someone wants your husband for a much improved job within the next few weeks, the pending residence application is not going to come through in time to cover him. People whose cases have recently been allocated have been told by their CO that they shouldn't be surprised if verification takes six months, then there is second-person checking after that. (Some people are luckier, but nobody can depend on their processing being faster.) To sum up, if he wants this step up the career ladder, he's going to have to do the necessary for changing his work visa. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...c-are-changing He should contact INZ (as a SEPARATE thing from your residence application) at an early point, with all the details of the new job so they can check that it meets the requirements, wished-for start date, and obligations to present employer (period of notice) - they are very good at co-ordinating things so that the change to the visa happens at the right moment.

Wonderful - thought so. Thank you very much

Hi JandM,

My residency application is also in progress, ITA lodged 31st October 2018 and still waiting for a case officer to be assigned.

My manager has resigned and will be leaving the organisation by mid March So how should I inform this to Immigration as case officer is yet to be assigned? And should I provide the details of my manager's manager for now or wait for a new manager to join the company?

Thanks for your help.

In your place, if your present manager will agree, I would send his personal contact details (that is, independent of the employer) to INZ, because he is still the person who knows most about your current work, and also give them, as you said, the details of the next person up the chain of command in the company, even though that person doesn't know as much about you. That gives them the solid personal knowledge of you, and also the confirmation of the company structure. In due course when a new manager is appointed over your section, if INZ haven't by that time sent their questionnaire, you could send his/her details as well.

You can use a general generic INZ address, making sure to give full details of your own name, address, date of birth, what application you sent in, when it was lodged, and any reference number you have received, so the new information can be joined to your file.

Thanks JandM, really appreciate your response