Thread: Anyone had an eVisa for Residence issued recently??

Default Anyone had an eVisa for Residence issued recently??

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how long we have to activate a SMC eVisa after it is granted?

We have a SMC visa application being processed. If we are granted our SMC visa, how long do we have to move over there? My husbands job offer in NZ is open, and we have business here to close up if we are successful. I wondered what the timeframe is before the visa is withdrawn - I would not want that to happen!!

Thanks

According to the INZ website, you must start work within 3 months of the visa being granted.

EGoodhue and ChrisMwn, the web-page says the applicant must take up the job within three months of coming to New Zealand, but how long do they have before they must come to New Zealand, since they're overseas at the moment?

can it be any job or related field?

If someone is issued with residence under the Skilled Migrant Category these days, unless they hold a NZ master's degree or doctorate awarded after at least two years' study in NZ, they have to hold a skilled job or job offer in NZ, which will have been investigated by INZ to make sure it meets the requirements. So it's that specific job they must take up to start with. There may be other conditions for how long they stay in it, see here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66848.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    EGoodhue and ChrisMwn, the web-page says the applicant must take up the job within three months of coming to New Zealand, but how long do they have before they must come to New Zealand, since they're overseas at the moment?
    Do we have such time restrictions to enter into NZ once SMC Permanent Visa is granted? My understanding is that it’s forever and multiple entries so just wanted to understand the activation time.

The visa you get if you apply successfully under the Skilled Migrant Category is residence (and there's actually no such thing as "an SMC visa") so the posters here are asking about time allowed to activate it if overseas, which I'm hoping the LIAs will be able to answer. (If awarded residence while in NZ already, it takes effect at once without having to be activated.) Residence entitles the holder to stay forever while in New Zealand, and is issued with so-called travel conditions (actually re-entry permission) lasting two years. After the travel conditions expire, a resident outside NZ at that time COULD have their residence lapse, because of not being permitted to get back into the country, unless they had qualified and applied for further travel conditions, second or subsequent residence, or PR (permanent residence).

Permanent Residence is a different visa which one can become eligible to apply for at least two years after being awarded residence. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...anent-resident

I found my answer! 12 months

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/know...-question-3101