Thread: Sponsored Ex Partner for partnership based Work Visa; Doing arrange marriage now! Will I be able to sponsor her?

Default Sponsored Ex Partner for partnership based Work Visa; Doing arrange marriage now! Will I be able to sponsor her?

Current Scenario:
    1. I am doing an arranged marriage with my would-be wife. My family and theirs got each other's contact via 'Bharat Matrimonial Services'.
    2. Both of us and the families have been in conversation from November 28th, 2018.
    3. Both our families and us, we have met each other in my home country December, 2018 (end). And the marriage has been finalized.
    4. Currently, I am in NZ and her in India. We are regularly in contact via messages, phone/ video calls.

Upcoming Events:
    1. December 12th to 15th - 2019 is the Marriage Ceremony.
    2. I am planning to bring her here to New Zealand right after marriage.

Past Events:
    1. I was in a relationship and have sponsored Partnership Based Work visa to my ex-partner.
    2. Our relationship ended on June 30th, 2018.
    3. I have withdrawn my support from her Partnership Based Resident Visa Application which was later declined due to my draw of support. (I have all the documentations and confirmation from Immigration Officer).
    4. After my withdraw of support and decline of her Partnership Based Resident Visa Application, she tried to con residency out of me by:

4.1 She filed a protection order against me under domestic violence to residency.

I won the case as me and my lawyer clearly proved the court that she conning residency out of me. (Matter solved; she withdrew the case)

4.2 After her first attempt she also went Police and alleged a domestic rape case against me.
    Again, after one month of investigation her case was declined. (Matter Solved; Police said No further investigation; case cloased)

Both the cases: Her appeal to prove me domestic violent or sexual assault to get residency has been unsuccessful.

> I have no criminal conviction of any kind.
    > I have not supported anyone for a successful Resident Visa Application.

After all the events (under lots of stress and trauma) I have moved on in life. I am looking forward to start fresh. I have met my wife and we are very much in relationship. She is very supportive. Both our families are aware of all the events.

Question:

1. Will there be any problem sponsoring my wife?
    2. If you do not have any criminal histroy or conviction does any allegation made on you hold accountable?

Looking forward to your response.
    Last edited by SM334; 14th February 2019 at 12:50 PM.

If everything you have said above is correct, there is nothing to against your eligibility to sponsor your fiancé when the time comes.

However, be aware that simply having been married does not qualify her for a visa to come to New Zealand. As far as INZ is concerned, partnership IS living together, and it is evidence of that that they will be looking for. This old post https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...948#post575948 explains the situation.

Thank you JandM

P.S. Yes, all the information provided above are correct with solid evidences/ documentation from Govt bodies/ Police/ Court.

I hope you don't mind me hijacking your topic, SM334, but I have a question that I don't think is worth opening a new thread..

You've sponsored a Partnership Work Visa for you ex-partner before, will this not cause a problem when you want to sponsor your wife for either a work or residency visa now? Or is this more than 5 years ago? I got a bit confused reading the rules about Partnership visas.. I understood that someone can only sponsor a partner for residency 2 times in their lives, and they can't be within 5 years of each other. However, it doesn't state anything about sponsoring work visas.

Maybe more of a question for you then, JandM; if my partner sponsors me for a Partnership Work Visa, and our relationship won't make it, will that have any effect on his ability to sponsor future partners?

You've sponsored a Partnership Work Visa for you ex-partner before
    No - he was going to, and had started the process, but then they broke up, so he told INZ and she never got the visa. Therefore, there never was any previous sponsored partner in his case.

But it's if someone has successfully sponsored a partner for RESIDENCE that makes the difference, not for a work visa. Here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#40501.htm is the regulation about granting a work visa to partners - notice WF2 b iii. And here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#46176.htm is F2.10.10, referred to in that link.

Hi JandM and HMiddel,

Clarification:

1. Yes, I have sponsored my Ex-Partner for a successful partnership work visa. (April 2017)
    2. Extended or applied for another successful partnership based work visa with her (May 2018) while we were applying for Partnership Residence Visa.

3. We have submitted the Partnership Based Residence visa application and Co was assigned also (June 2018). When we broke up and I officially informed and withdrew my support from her application.
    4. I have an email confirmation from the Case Officer that her Partnership Based Residence Visa was declined in 23rd July 2018.

JandM, as per INZ the supporting partner must not have supported a successful Partnership Based Residence Visa to be eligible to sponsor. Am I right?

Hope the clarification won't make any difference to my eligibility.

See the links at the end of my last post, which seem to confirm that all will be well for you.