Thread: Residency to permanent residency

Default Residency to permanent residency

Hi people.

I’m back again, last time I was on here was when I was granted my residence visa 2 years ago. So many helpful people on here and always useful to read through the threads.

Excuse me for asking what might seem like a silly question but what’s the form number or name for me to get my PR sorted out? I’ve found 2 different ones and I’m very confused as to which one I need to do. Immigrations website isn’t the best when using your phone.

Appreciate your help

Hey jb91,

I have just applied for PR and I used form INZ1175 "Application from a former Resident or Former Resident Visa Holder - for a permanent resident visa, second or subsequent resident visa, or variation of travel conditions"

Good luck!

I just got my PR in November, and I also used the INZ1175. Additionally, I submitted INZ1023, "Application for Transfer or Confirmation of Visa" to get a sticker rather than an eVisa.

Thanks guys much appreciated

this helpful... what are the requirements to be granted a permanent resident?

The criteria are listed on the INZ website here: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa

These two pages are probably clearer to understand. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...anent-resident and this https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...zealand/slider, which shows the five possibilities from which you have to choose ONE to show commitment to NZ (most people use the first).

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian91 View Post
    Hey jb91,

I have just applied for PR and I used form INZ1175 "Application from a former Resident or Former Resident Visa Holder - for a permanent resident visa, second or subsequent resident visa, or variation of travel conditions"

Good luck!
    Sebastian, have you got it? whats the progress? how long does it take? i have applied on 8th of feb..still waiting ..christchurch branch

we have booked airline tickets on 17th march to visit our home country..i hope it will come before that date..
    Last edited by rymon333; 25th February 2019 at 11:01 AM.

Hey rymin333, I have gotten no more information, it has been two weeks now. I do not expect anything before the 18 Mar as stated in their email.....

thank you..let me know when u get it