Thread: Relationship visa, living off grid.

Default Relationship visa, living off grid.

My partner and I have moved out of our townhouse and into a caravan, into the middle of nowhere!
    With no utility bills to speak and no fixed address, we fear that re-applying for the partnership based work visa is going to be difficult as there is little way of proving we are living together and/or are financially dependant.
    I am an NZ citizen. He and I have a young baby together, and I receive no income, so am very much finanvially dependant on him!
    (He is currently working fulltime)

I wondered if anyone else has been in a similar situation or if somebody had any ideas as to how we can get around this? Thanks!

Do you have an address to which your mail or deliveries go? How is your partner on record with his employer, and the Inland Revenue? How are you and the baby on record with the doctor, and Plunket? Do you have a bank account, or one each, and if so, what does the bank have on record for where you are to be contacted? Whose land is the caravan on?

Thank you for your response. We have a PO Box for mail and deliveries.
    We have a joint bank account, though its really his account with my name attached to it.
    The caravan is currently on a piece of my parents land. We have considered a written letter from either of my parents may work, but not sure if that is enough.
    We also use their address for work, IRD, Plunket etc.

I am hoping the application will be easier this time round since it isnt our first visa,
    although we are thinking about applying for residency but worried that is much trickier?

Then actually, your situation is much more provable than your first post implied. In effect, you are 'living with' your parents, and that is a fixed address. There are many people on the forum who have gained a partner-sponsored visa while staying with family or friends. Nobody can give INZ evidence which doesn't exist - such as rental or bills which aren't due because of the way you're living. Your parents will write to explain what you are doing - and it's obvious that you have your private space as a couple within their property, which is the essential for showing partnership. Also, the fact that your partnership has already been accepted as genuine by INZ with the grant of a previous visa does indeed ease the way. As far as applying for partner-sponsored residence is concerned, it's proving the continued co-habitation for 12 months which is important. See old threads which have discussion and examples https://www.google.com/search?source...10.Kw1gVkRjh_Q, and make sure to get a good variety of proof, e.g. mail, deliveries, organizations printing off their records of your contact details and/or each of you as the other's next of kin, etc. etc., to run right through the 12 months leading up to your application.