Thread: Need some help about partnership related information

Default Need some help about partnership related information

Hi everyone, I've been reading some previous post with keyword "partnership" from this forum, and I find it very helpful. I also did some search on the Immigration website. I still have some confusion and need your advice.

Background

My boyfriend is holding a 3-year work visa after his postgraduate study in NZ. We have been in the relationship for six years, and we just got married in December. However, due to his overseas study and my work issue, half of the time we were physically apart. Last Christmas I visited him by visitor visa (In that application, I included a letter to VO, mentioning this is a trip to meet my boyfriend and how we love to travel together. Our previous travel photo to other countries, his invitation letter and other supporting were submitted.) I finally got multiple visas with three months length.

Plan

Long distance relationship is hard; we don't want to separate anymore. If I get a partner based work visa, I can stay with him and meanwhile lessen his financial burden.

I am going to NZ by visitor visa and Iive with him for three months to build up the evidence of partnership.

Confusion

For the previous six years of our relationship, we have never been living together. But we do have lots of photos, some are with our friends and family members plus many pages FB/WhatsApp message, I will gather as much ss I can to show our good relation.

Base on all mentioned above, do you think I can apply at the 2.5th month? (my visa length is three months, transit visa will be granted automatically to allow me to stay) Are the 2.5 months evidence plus our previous history enough to show our relationship is genuine and stable?

If not, how about leaving NZ then come back by my multiple visitor visa? After we have 3+2.5 months living proof, is it safer? But I am afraid the immigration will decline my 2nd entry as they may think 'I don't plan to leave.' From the view of immigration, will they think I come to gather 3+2.5 months is the fact that I plan to stay here?

Thank you so much for your time!!

Hi,

You need to provide evidence that you have been in a strong relationship for at least 12 months. So you have to get the evidences for at least 12 months. The evidences could be:

1- Joint accounts
    2-Joint properties
    3-Letters received at same address for both of you.
    4-Utility bills, other purchases with the same address for both of you.
    5-Any money transfer receipts...if your husband has sent you the money over the 12 months.
    6- Joint tenancy agreements
    7-during long distance, your chats, emails, letters to each other etc...
    8- A support letter from your close friend who knows that you have been in relationship for more than 12 months.
    9- Photos
    10-Travels tickets/details, hotel bookings when you traveled together you did together.
    11-Marriage certifcate

Photos enough will not be acceptable. so as many from the above list you can get, will strengthen your case. I have been married for around 10 years and we are living together and having a child as well. I submitted a lot of documents, still CO asked me to provide further evidences that we have been living together (Like chat records, emails, letters received at our address for both of us etc etc)

All the best!!!

Excuse me, ozman750 - this poster is asking about applying for a FIRST partner-sponsored work visa, not residence, so 12 months' evidence isn't needed for that. No time is given on the INZ requirements, but we know from experience that INZ take applications seriously with 2 - 3 months' good proof.

Hi everyone. We have some problems with filling in EoI which concern the partner`s qualificitations. My husband is filling it in, there is a section "Partner" - that`s me. I have Level 8 for "recognised qualificitations" - it is worth 10 points. But when we choose Level 8, the points for this qualificitation don`t change - we still have zero in this subsection instead of 10.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?