Thread: INZ corruption

Default INZ corruption

Reading through a number of media articles
    from over the past couple of years, I noticed a trend in accusations of Immigration NZ acting according to unwritten rules and abusing their right to decline visas on bonafide grounds is one salient fact that stands out to me.

Quoting an immigration lawyer in one article,
    'But Mr Small said there was a wide gap between what INZ was saying and what immigrants and their advisers were seeing.

He described some of the methods used to cut down on unwanted applications as "under the table" such as unattainable timeframes for information requests, pedantic queries and changes to how INZ assesses sustainability of employment.'

Considering how immigration demands the utmost honesty and transparency from its clients under threat of visa refusals, re entry bans and criminal prosecution, I find their hypocrisy quite disgusting really.

Totally agree with you Aidan1988. The level of service coming out of INZ lately is abysmal, and the rationale behind some the decisions I am seeing as an LIA is unacceptable. Were I not so bogged down in my workload of trying to help clients get the visas they deserve at the moment, I would be writing to the General Manager of INZ to highlight some of my concerns! I used to work for INZ for many years and it was an organisation I was proud to say I worked for at the time - I highly doubt I would say the same today were I still employed there.