Thread: Police Clearance has being submitted with another application

Post Police Clearance has being submitted with another application

Hello all,

I'm being confused about how to explain to INZ about our difficulty in providing PCs for our new visa applications.

We (my family) has been applying for residency since last September (and a CO has been assigned to our case last month).

But because our current temporary visas in NZ will expire this 31/3, we need to apply for new work visas while waiting for our residency application's result.
    (My wife will apply for a Post-Study Work visa, then I and our kids will apply base on the relationship with her).

As we have submitted all the necessary PCs to INZ last September with our SMC resident visa application, it seems to be impossible for us to get another PCs again in that short period (as being mentions from the police last time).

How should I explain this to INZ?
    Can I just say we have submitted all the PCs last September and refer to my application ID,
    as I understand that the resident visa team and work visa team are working independently.

Thank you

Yes any PC submitted will be valid for 2 years, so you don't need to submit a new one.

Can I just say we have submitted all the PCs last September and refer to my application ID

This exactly. IIRC there should also be a spot on the application form where you can select "I do not have to submit a police report because it was submitted with another application" or something like that. I submitted my police report once with my work visa application, and then just chose that option when I submitted my residence visa application.

Thank you cakes88 & TheNewKiwi,

Very clear for me now, thank you.