Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permanent Residence Christchurch Branch?

Default Permanent Residence Christchurch Branch?

Hello All,

I have submitted my application on 8th of Feb, fees deducted on 11th of Feb ...still waiting ...any one has any recent experience with Christchurch branch? how long does it take? i have a confirmed tickets to visit my home country on 19th of march for my family ..i need to get my passports back before that day?what can i do if i dont get it this week? anyone here would like to share please?

i got it guys

this thread might be helpful for someone who is waiting from Christchurch branch...cheers everyone

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by rymon333 View Post
    i got it guys

this thread might be helpful for someone who is waiting from Christchurch branch...cheers everyone
    Thanks for sharing

Wow it took 3 weeks only. Congrats !!

Hi all,

Does any of you have recent experience with work visa being considered in Christchurch branch? I know that they are experiencing delays, but I am curious how long the delay can roughly be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
    Hi all,

Does any of you have recent experience with work visa being considered in Christchurch branch? I know that they are experiencing delays, but I am curious how long the delay can roughly be.
    I submitted my PR 2weeks ago. Will inform once I have a reply back from INZ. I would say theirs timeframes on the Website to be very accurate.
    I think they are not in Chch anymore. I know that they closed last year for public and wondering if they only have a PO box here for mail and the process is done somewhere else. (just a thought. Perhaps someone else with more knowledge could clarify on that)

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson81 View Post
    I submitted my PR 2weeks ago. Will inform once I have a reply back from INZ. I would say theirs timeframes on the Website to be very accurate.
    I think they are not in Chch anymore. I know that they closed last year for public and wondering if they only have a PO box here for mail and the process is done somewhere else. (just a thought. Perhaps someone else with more knowledge could clarify on that)
    I am today at the amount of days that 90% applications are being considered with, that's why I am starting to be a bit worried why is it taking so long. Hopefully it's not too long to go now.
    As far as I know, all work visas (or most of them) are now being considered in Christchurch, that's what I was told the other day on the call center. Correct me if I am wrong.

Not able to give you the right answer. Perhaps they are working on processes on backstage without F2F.

The waiting time kills anyone.
    What have you submitted? Work visa renew? Some friends that I meet here in NZ they submit their Residence after Work Visa and it took several months for them.
    Do you have already a CO assigned?

I have never contact INZ myself in regards the status of processes as I have in principle to not contact unless is something urgent. If we could imagine the number of contacts they receive per day, they need a relatively big team just to reply to these, however there is a lot of people who do it. If you would feel better in contact them go for it. In your case I would say its fair.

MAy I ask how many days have passed since you applied?

Kinga, DON'T worry. It's not just you. Look around on this forum and you will see that there are people waiting for all different kinds of visa, for ages longer than used to be 'normal'. INZ had an unusual flood of applications towards the end of last year, just at the time when the government were pushing through a chaotic reorganization programme for them, and ever since, they have been battling to process a backlog of work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast