Thread: Try to get a job offer on visitor visa !

Thumbs up Try to get a job offer on visitor visa !

Dears I have an idea and I want to check its validity ?

I have plan to get a visitor visa to NZ and meanwhile there try to get a job offer if i could , is this scenario possible ?! is this will speed up my SMC application ? is it legit ?

Regards;

INZ are extremely unlikely to agree to give you a visitor's visa while you have an application for residence in under SMC.

The thing to remember is that a visitor's visa isn't there to be a catch-all for someone who hasn't got a different visa suitable for their situation - it's specifically for a stay in NZ for a limited time, with the person having a demonstrable life and responsibilities in another country to which they will return at the end of the time. (It's not a substitute for some other visa UNLESS INZ themselves decide to issue one in a particular case, and that isn't done because an applicant asks, for their convenience.) Telling INZ that you DON'T want to go "home" - which you have done by applying for residence - effectively rules you out for a visitor's visa.

(People who haven't applied yet for residence are allowed to enter as a visa-waiver person, or to apply for a visitor's visa, with the purpose as "vacation, and look, see and decide". Look, see and decide means they're intending to look around at the job market in their particular industry, who's recruiting, what the prospects are, maybe meet HR and be interviewed, see what the living and working conditions are like in NZ, and decide if they want to press ahead and try for a job. That is all perfectly legal, as long as they don't start to work on the visitor's visa.

But you're not likely to be able to get there to do that. It would LOOK LIKE one kind of classic behaviour, trying to pre-empt INZ's decision about the existing application, with the danger that you might disappear into the overstayers' black market.)

Hi JandM,

I'm sure it doesn't offer much weight, but I wonder if having a pre-purchased flight out of New Zealand on a date within 90 days of entering the country would aid a person in such a situation as the above?

In my current situation I am visiting home in the UK on 'holiday' whilst I have a work visa application being processed. I've lived in NZ for the past 3 years on a Working Holiday Visa and then an IEP Visa and would like to return to NZ as a visitor whilst my current work application is being processed. I understand your above points and actually agree with them (despite them certainly not aiding me personally), however I wondered if a return flight ticket would remove doubt as to a visitor's intentions? I ask this as I am tempted to apply online for a visitor visa and provide supporting documentation (to save me just turning up to NZ and being told to leave). My long-term girlfriend is a NZ Citizen so the main purpose of my visit would be to visit her, regardless of my current work visa application result.

I'm sure many other people here on ENZ can SO well understand how you feel, and your wish to get back to NZ. However, i'm afraid it won't work. INZ are too well aware of human nature, and they block all apparent loopholes. In all the time I've been on this forum (I see it's 11 years now) I only remember ONE person who was granted a visitor's visa to come in while they were awaiting the outcome of a work visa, and that was a long time ago.