Thread: Help Calculate my points please.( SMC EOI )

Default Help Calculate my points please.( SMC EOI )

I am in the process of lodging my EOI. Me and my advisor are going back and forth with my points.

According to me my points should be

Age - 30 points
    Skilled Employment - 50 points
    Outside Auckland - 30 points

Qualification ( Now here is my Confusion ) I have two qualifications. The advisor first told me we can include both and get bonus points and now she said we can only count one. Is that true ? I have Level 4 Cookery completed 2016 and Graduate Diploma level 7 Completed before 25 July 2011. So for Qualifications I can get

Qualification 1 - 40 points
    Qualification 2 - 10points ( I have a New Zealand qualification that I started before 25 July 2011 )

Work Experience. So I have changed a lot of jobs,Apparently 11 jobs and for a few of them I only worked for few weeks. The advisor says not to include work experience as it is Staggered and the only proof I have for these jobs will be My IRD statements. I probably won`t be able to get anything from the employers if the officer asks me to do so. BUt I really want to include my work experience.

Work Experience - 20 points

Total 180

Now according to my advisor she wants to lodge the EOI with 160 points.

Please help and clarify my doughts.

Thanks

Only one qualification can be awarded the full points for a recognised qualification - people usually choose their highest level recognised qualification and go with that one. Any extra qualifications may be eligible for bonus points (as you claim yours is because you started studying before 25 July 2011).

For work experience, if you know you're not going to be able to get any evidence which will state the company you worked for AND the dates you worked to and from AND your job title, it's safer to leave the details out. An immigration officer is going to be looking for those 3 details on whatever evidence you provide and so to provide evidence that doesn't cover those 3 elements isn't likely to be accepted anyway, and would just cause delays in the processing of your application while this is cleared up and it's established thta the evidence doesn't meet the requirements for work experience evidence.

Having more than 160 points doesn't actually help in terms of an SMC application - the area that people most often fall down in when it comes to their application being assessed is the skilled employment points. So even if you had 200 points when you applied, if you aren't assessed as meeting the instructions for skilled employment, you lose 50+ points meaning you go under 160 points for your application anyway, meaning game over.