Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Essential Skills, Dependent Partner: Hematuria, Grade B

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Cambodia
    Posts
    14

    Default Essential Skills, Dependent Partner: Hematuria, Grade B

    Hi! I recently went for my medical and was given a B grade because they detected blood in the urinalysis. The panel doctor made a remark that the hematuria was asymptomatic and unexplained. All other tests were normal. I haven't submitted my visa application yet because I am thinking of repeating the medical in my home country (currently residing in another country but not in NZ) since I will be going on vacation in a few days time. I will also be asking for a medical certificate from my doctor so that I can be given a prognosis and hopefully lessen the waiting time.

    If I repeat the medical in my home country and also apply for the visa there, do I need to wait for the decision regarding my application (meaning I can't leave), or can I wait for the decision in my current country of residence?

    If I leave my home country and the MA requires additional tests, can I have it done in another country and request other accredited clinics to upload the test results to the emedical system?

    Has anyone here been issued a visa even if they were given a B grade? Also, if my doctor indicates on the medical report that my condition is not serious or costly, how probable is it that the MA will agree?

    Lastly, if in the unfortunate event that I am not issued a visa, will it affect my partner's application (who is the main applicant) as well?

    Sorry for the many questions, I'm just a bit anxious.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    35,997

    Default

    Sorry to answer questions with another question, but this could make a difference - where is your partner living?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Cambodia
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Sorry to answer questions with another question, but this could make a difference - where is your partner living?
    Hi JandM. We are currently both in Cambodia
    Last edited by Teo; 5th March 2019 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Misread question

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    35,997

    Default

    If I repeat the medical in my home country and also apply for the visa there, do I need to wait for the decision regarding my application (meaning I can't leave), or can I wait for the decision in my current country of residence?
    There is no restriction, for medical or any other reasons, on your moving about while you have an application in - all that matters is that you keep INZ up to date with your whereabouts and contact details.

    If I leave my home country and the MA requires additional tests, can I have it done in another country and request other accredited clinics to upload the test results to the emedical system?
    Yes.
    Has anyone here been issued a visa even if they were given a B grade?
    Yes.
    Also, if my doctor indicates on the medical report that my condition is not serious or costly, how probable is it that the MA will agree?
    Very probable. The MAs' job is to understand why each person has those abnormal results. It's not the test result that makes a difference - there requires to be a diagnosis and a doctor's comment on what treatment is needed for whatever it is, and THAT is what will make the MAs decide if the person has an acceptable standard of health or not. If it's a condition that can get treated with a not very expensive medication, and is not harmful to other people, you can be admitted to NZ with it. If the treatment is very expensive or the disease is harmful, you cannot.
    Lastly, if in the unfortunate event that I am not issued a visa, will it affect my partner's application (who is the main applicant) as well?
    IF - big and unlikely if - you were refused on the grounds of your medical, that would not affect your partner's application. As he is going for an Essential Skills work visa, I assume you are applying for Partner of a New Zealand Worker visa dependent upon his - though yours couldn't be issued without his, his could be issued without yours.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Cambodia
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions, JandM! Appreciate it.

    Will post an update once I've lodged my visa/done my medicals again. Praying everything goes well.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Blenheim
    Posts
    1,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teo View Post
    Hi! I recently went for my medical and was given a B grade because they detected blood in the urinalysis. The panel doctor made a remark that the hematuria was asymptomatic and unexplained. All other tests were normal. I haven't submitted my visa application yet because I am thinking of repeating the medical in my home country (currently residing in another country but not in NZ) since I will be going on vacation in a few days time. I will also be asking for a medical certificate from my doctor so that I can be given a prognosis and hopefully lessen the waiting time.

    If I repeat the medical in my home country and also apply for the visa there, do I need to wait for the decision regarding my application (meaning I can't leave), or can I wait for the decision in my current country of residence?

    If I leave my home country and the MA requires additional tests, can I have it done in another country and request other accredited clinics to upload the test results to the emedical system?

    Has anyone here been issued a visa even if they were given a B grade? Also, if my doctor indicates on the medical report that my condition is not serious or costly, how probable is it that the MA will agree?

    Lastly, if in the unfortunate event that I am not issued a visa, will it affect my partner's application (who is the main applicant) as well?

    Sorry for the many questions, I'm just a bit anxious.
    I am not a medical professional, just from my own experience when I had my medical done at the time.., sometimes there (apparently) are traces of blood in the urine when you're close to the menstruation time. I had that happen, but in my cse the doctor straight away suggested that I should come back a week later and redo the urine test. All was clear then. I wonder if that could be the case?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Cambodia
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newarrival View Post
    I am not a medical professional, just from my own experience when I had my medical done at the time.., sometimes there (apparently) are traces of blood in the urine when you're close to the menstruation time. I had that happen, but in my cse the doctor straight away suggested that I should come back a week later and redo the urine test. All was clear then. I wonder if that could be the case?
    Unfortunately, i've done the test 3 times with the same result

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Cambodia
    Posts
    14

    Default

    So i'm back in my home country and went to the accredited clinic here to inquire about the format for the medical report that I would attach with my application. They told me that I have to wait for my medical to be referred first before including any additional details with regard to my initial medical results.i was under the impression that we could include test results and other relevant info to help the MAs decision making process smoother/shorten the waiting time. Did I misunderstand the other posts in the forum or would I be better off finding another accredited clinic that will upload any other tests that my doctor will require me to do?

    The thing is, I haven't even lodged my application because my partner's immig adviser hasnt signed the form for partners yet. Since I'm not going to utilize the services of an immig adviser, is it really necessary for one to sign it or can i leave that section blank?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    35,997

    Default

    You can send additional material for the MA to consider along with the original medical, by forwarding it for INZ to pass on to them. But that would be after your case is lodged.

    You're not going to use an LIA, you say. Did you speak to your partner's LIA at all? Did your partner discuss anything about your application with his LIA?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Cambodia
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You can send additional material for the MA to consider along with the original medical, by forwarding it for INZ to pass on to them. But that would be after your case is lodged.

    You're not going to use an LIA, you say. Did you speak to your partner's LIA at all? Did your partner discuss anything about your application with his LIA?
    Thanks, JandM. Do I just upload the additional material on the realme portal?

    Correct, not going to use a LIA, but my husband is using one because it was provided by his company. We thought that a LIA needs to sign because of this

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •