Thread: Essential Skills visa Question

Default Essential Skills visa Question

Hi All,

Please share if anyone has faced this situation?
    My friend is applying for Essential Skills visa and the hourly rate is $21 per hour doing an ANZCO level 2 Job
    In order to get the Essential Skills visa for 3 years, it should be at least $21.25.
    The company provides some benefits such as $300 per year for fitness expenses(Gym Membership), $80 per month for internet and free health insurance that I have been told is worth $1200.
    My question here is that if any of this can be included in the pay scale then it easily crosses the $21.25 threshold but I'm not sure if any of these can be added.
    My online investigation wasn't able to find a definite answer :-(

"Reasonable agreed deductions (for example, for accommodation, goods, and services) will be included when calculating whether a particular remuneration threshold has been met.
    The calculation of remuneration will not include allowances, such as tool or uniform allowances, or bonuses which are dependent on performance."

I'm trying to understand if any of these could be used to bump up the hourly rate to secure a 3-year visa?

Thanks in Advance.

Quote Originally Posted by IT_GUY View Post
    Hi All,

Please share if anyone has faced this situation?
    My friend is applying for Essential Skills visa and the hourly rate is $21 per hour doing an ANZCO level 2 Job
    In order to get the Essential Skills visa for 3 years, it should be at least $21.25.
    The company provides some benefits such as $300 per year for fitness expenses(Gym Membership), $80 per month for internet and free health insurance that I have been told is worth $1200.
    My question here is that if any of this can be included in the pay scale then it easily crosses the $21.25 threshold but I'm not sure if any of these can be added.
    My online investigation wasn't able to find a definite answer :-(

"Reasonable agreed deductions (for example, for accommodation, goods, and services) will be included when calculating whether a particular remuneration threshold has been met.
    The calculation of remuneration will not include allowances, such as tool or uniform allowances, or bonuses which are dependent on performance."

I'm trying to understand if any of these could be used to bump up the hourly rate to secure a 3-year visa?

Thanks in Advance.
    any requirement for receiving the benefits ?
    all employee entitled to them ?

Quote Originally Posted by ysc5 View Post
    any requirement for receiving the benefits?
    all employee entitled to them?
    Hi ysc5,

No there is no requirement to receive these benefits, All the employees are entitled to get these benefits.

Unfortunately those benefits will come under "other employment-related allowances" and can't be included to calculate remuneration (as per WK3.5.5(i)).

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Unfortunately those benefits will come under "other employment-related allowances" and can't be included to calculate remuneration (as per WK3.5.5(i)).
    Thanks Erin,
    Seems like it has to be a 1-year visa for now.

Cheers.

@IT_GUY they're planning to change that to 25.00 next year (if everything according to their plans/consultations materialises)... couldn't he negotiate that 0.25 increase just to get the mid-skill essential skills work visa???

Hi Allune,

Sorry for the late reply, Unfortunately, they declined the request to increase the payrate, despite all reasoning :-(