Thread: Resident Visa for the New Born

Default Resident Visa for the New Born

Folks,

We are expecting our new born in few months time.

We (Myself, wife and kids) already have Resident visa where I was the primary applicant and Resient Visa was granted under SMC.

We activated the visa during Sep 2018 and left NZ in a week time back to UAE. We are planning to re enter NZ by Jan 2020 (before our travel condition expires) and continue in New Zealand until we are eligible for the PR status.

My query is,
    1. How I can apply for the Resident Visa for the new born? Please note that I can apply for the visa from outside NZ.
    2. If I cannot apply for the Resident Visa being outside of NZ, what are the alternative ways to get the Resident Visa for the new born.

Thanks

Your child will need this visa https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria, but will not be eligible for it until you are once again living in New Zealand, as you will see from the Your place of residence heading.

To bring the baby to NZ along with the rest of the family, you will need to apply for a Visitor visa for him/her, with a covering letter explaining that this is the child of NZ Residents who returning to live there. (This is a well recognized situation.) Once you are settled in NZ, you will be able to provide the evidence required for the other visa.

Thanks JandM for the advise.

In that case,
    1. How I can apply for a visitors visa from outside NZ? What are the requirements?
    2. Is there any time period within which the baby should enter NZ from the time visitors visa is issued?
    3. What will be the validity of the visitors visa? Visitors Visa will be valid for the the baby from the time we get there until I’m in a position to secure a resident visa for the new born?
    4. How long does it usually takes for processing Visitors Visa for babies?

A lot of questions.. Just curious to know how I can work it out..

Thanks

1. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s-visitor-visa Look on the Criteria page and you'll find all the details.
    2 - 5. This is something to check with INZ when you have checked which office will be dealing with the application.