Thread: Resident Visa based on partnership

Default Resident Visa based on partnership

Hello guys, just a quick question. I will be applying for a Resident visa based on partnership Offshore "never been to New Zealand",being living together and married for more than 2 years. My question is.. when I fill the part for work history does inz enter in contact with all the place I have worked to confirm if I did worked there ? I am asking because their are places I worked long time ago and I'm pretty sure that almost everyone i know in those companies must have left , and some already closed down . For a Residence class visa based on partnership is that really a must requirement ?
    Thanks

Hi onyiking, you don't need to worry about these questions. It's INZ's job to work on how to check your work experience. You job is to write down ALL the experiences and be Very honest.

I started writing a reply telling you how people prove their work experience when needing to claim points for it, that is, like when applying for Residence under SMC. Then I suddenly noticed, you're going for partner-sponsored residence. For that visa, there is NO requirement on you to prove anything to do with your work - see here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria I think you may be looking at the wrong form. If you click on the Process tab at that link, you will be able to confirm what you need to use.

To JAndM.. for Partner Residence Visa what is meant by de facto relationships? Do both partner need to be single? Is it recognised in NZ if the one partner is long ago separated and the other one is divorce as long as they been living for more than a year? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dreamnz2019 View Post
    To JAndM.. for Partner Residence Visa what is meant by de facto relationships? Do both partner need to be single? Is it recognised in NZ if the one partner is long ago separated and the other one is divorce as long as they been living for more than a year? Thanks
    Have a look here -- the concept of a "de facto relationship" is fairly well explained.

I'm assuming that, in your example above, Person A and Person B have had prior unhappy partnerships, but together: have been living together for more than a year, are still living together, and can prove to INZ that they are in a genuine and stable relationship. If this is the case, INZ will likely recognise their partnership; they won't care about any previous partnerships that those two people were in (though I would expect that, if one partner was previously married, they would ask for evidence of divorce). Nothing complex about that scenario.

If, however, you mean that Person A and Person B have had troubles in their partnership and have spent time apart from each other, it will become far more complex: INZ will used information on the separation to determine its effect on the partnership and assess if the partnership is still stable, and it may fail that criteria. If this is the case, I suggest getting hold of a licensed immigration agent to determine if the partnership is indeed eligible.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 8th March 2019 at 02:51 PM.

Thanks... Kelerei

Quote Originally Posted by dreamnz2019 View Post
    Do both partner need to be single? Is it recognised in NZ if the one partner is long ago separated and the other one is divorce as long as they been living for more than a year?
    Based on my experience, INZ will absolutely care if one person is only separated and not legally divorced. For my partnership visa application, I needed to provide copies of my divorce decrees (one from the 1980s, one from 2012) as did my partner (from the 1970s).

That's interesting. However, it's not in the regulations https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#30875.htm, so I'm guessing that if you hadn't been divorced, and had been refused your visa on that account despite having provided at least a year's evidence of living together, you would have had grounds for complaint.

Thanks Jandm.. I was actually looking at the wrong form . Thank you so much