Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chartered IT Professional New Zealand status

Default Chartered IT Professional New Zealand status

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for all the valuable inputs you guys have provided till date.
    I'm trying to get a letter from IT Professionals New Zealand to help me claim points for skilled employment.
    Just wondering if anyone here has got a letter from them and can provide any tips to ensure I'm able to get it right the first time.
    I have gone through the process on their website and it doesn't look very straight forward.
    Any help is highly Appreciated.

Very straightforward process, follow steps given here- https://itp.nz/Activities/Immigratio...on-Application

Make sure you provide all documents at first time (need to upload the soft copy) and give at least 2-3 weeks period for document to arrive. If they have more questions they will get back to you via email.

Good luck 👍

is this required for applying the SMC visa if I am working as a developer now?

In ITA they usually specify to ensure this document, at least for me it was clearly mentioned that it was mandatory to submit.

Quote Originally Posted by IT_GUY View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks a lot for all the valuable inputs you guys have provided till date.
    I'm trying to get a letter from IT Professionals New Zealand to help me claim points for skilled employment.
    Just wondering if anyone here has got a letter from them and can provide any tips to ensure I'm able to get it right the first time.
    I have gone through the process on their website and it doesn't look very straight forward.
    Any help is highly Appreciated.
    Hi IT_Guy,

I am also applying for a letter from IT Professionals New Zealand, and I am finding the Evidence Document a rather complex challenge to complete - specifically the 10 questions in Section 3, which is seemingly an examination-style exercise that is asking me to refer back to learnings undertaken 5-10 years ago. How are you getting along?

I am fortunate to have my degree course syllabus and this contains valuable information that I can include, however it feels like an overall time-consuming exercise - especially further to getting my IQA completed.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexKiwi2019 View Post
    Hi IT_Guy,

I am also applying for a letter from IT Professionals New Zealand, and I am finding the Evidence Document a rather complex challenge to complete - specifically the 10 questions in Section 3, which is seemingly an examination-style exercise that is asking me to refer back to learnings undertaken 5-10 years ago. How are you getting along?

I am fortunate to have my degree course syllabus and this contains valuable information that I can include, however it feels like an overall time-consuming exercise - especially further to getting my IQA completed.
    Yes, it added 2-3 weeks more to my surprise but set time aside and concentrate and submit at least degree part. For me it was more than 15 years ago so took some time but at least get it done thoroughly once so there is no follow-up to add further delay. Good luck 👍

Quote Originally Posted by sona View Post
    Yes, it added 2-3 weeks more to my surprise but set time aside and concentrate and submit at least degree part. For me it was more than 15 years ago so took some time but at least get it done thoroughly once so there is no follow-up to add further delay. Good luck ��
    Thanks for your thoughts, sona.

I'm just trying to get it thoroughly completed today. The evidence questions are confusingly written in my opinion, and it would be better if I could just attach my formal degree syllabus and results to the application. I wonder if it is my qualifications that they are evaluating, or myself as an individual? It feels like the latter.

Thanks for your thoughts, sona.

I'm just trying to get it thoroughly completed today. The evidence questions are confusingly written in my opinion, and it would be better if I could just attach my formal degree syllabus and results to the application. I wonder if it is my qualifications that they are evaluating, or myself as an individual? It feels like the latter.
    It’s just little more than degree but overall as a professional approach using that degree! Yes I agree it’s vague but gives you then opportunity to explain and express! Good luck 👍

Quote Originally Posted by derekleegh View Post
    is this required for applying the SMC visa if I am working as a developer now?
    Hi derekleegh,

It's not mandatory but depends from case to case, If your qualifications is not up to the requirements of INZ this letter can help bridge the gap.

Hi IT_Guy,

Hi Alex,
    Thanks, the feeling is mutual.
    I still haven't submitted the application, I was hoping someone who has already done it might be able to share a dummy application, I believe that would help me heaps.
    If I end up submitting this before you I will share my application with you, hopefully it will provide some insight.
    Feel free to send me a DM if you want to discuss anything.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast