Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Work to residency - Medicals

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Work to residency - Medicals

    Hi everyday,

    I've been here for almost two years under Work to Residency Visa and it's now time for me to apply for residency.

    When I had my medical two years ago, my BP was high and was referred to medical assessor, they prescribed some additional tests and with that I was granted my Visa. I know that medicals last 36 months, but I was wondering if I should do anything for now (get a new medical, get test done specifically for BP) or I should just apply for residency as it is and pray for the best?

    If anyone can share their experience that would be great

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    New Zealand (ex: South Africa)


    Immigration instruction A4.20 mentions that you do not need to provide a new medical certificate if i) you have provided a Medical Certificate and Chest X-ray Certificate with an earlier visa application; and ii) you were assessed as having an acceptable standard of health based on those certificates; and iii) those certificates were issued less than 36 months prior to the current application. Despite this, an immigration officer may require a Medical Certificate and Chest X-ray Certificate which is less than three months old, if they consider this is necessary to establish whether you have an acceptable standard of health.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008


    Because of the regulation quoted, in your place, I would go ahead and submit with the existing medical. INZ will tell you if you need to do anything else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts