Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Case Officer email - request for further information: letter from IT Professionals New Zealand

Hi AlexKiwi2019,

I did a IQA for the same occupation group as well 2 months ago and I remember I needed to fill in a seperate form as EGoodHue mentioned with the occupation group and code for the occupation I am using in my visa application.

As a result of that, my IQA states that my qualification meets the credit and knowledge requirements for that specific occupation I am currently in. I wonder why they didn't mention this in your IQA.

r4RF2NP.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 15.38.53.jpg

This is my outcome from my recent IQA application.

The below image is my wife's.

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 15.42.57.jpg

Hello to all who responded on this thread.

For whatever reason, NZQA were not able to look to see if my UK degree in Information Communications Technology included the requirements of a New Zealand major in the focus area of Information Communications Technology. Considering I paid the IQA fee and the fast-track fee, I do feel I paid a lot ($1000+) for the result of my IQA to just say that I have a bachelor's degree at NZQA Level 7 - however we are in the same boat and I'm sure there must be a valid reason that I can't quite grasp. I did email NZQA to ask, however their response(s) were inconsistent and unable to offer any real reasons for me. I got the impression it wasn't the degree assessors who were responding to customer emails.

However as a big plus, as a result of my IQA I did spend about 5-10 hours of time completing the application to obtain a degree certification letter from IT Professionals New Zealand. I submitted my application on Tuesday and received a degree certification letter on Thursday, so I was very grateful of their speed in processing my assessment in under 2 working days. I emailed my INZ Case Officer on Friday with the IT Professionals letter, who responded on the same day to advise they appear to now have everything they need in regards to progressing my LTSSL work visa application.

Glad to hear that you at last have what you need.

I think you're slightly mistaking the purpose of what NZQA does when assessing a foreign degree. They look at what is studied, for how long and to what depth, which enables them to say what NZ Level it is at (which you do need), and then they look for any NZ degree course which is providing substantially the same subject(s), length and depth, and THAT is what they can say the foreign qualification is comparable to. Not being able to state a comparable NZ qualification is no disrespect to the foreign degree - it is just that no NZ educational provider is at that time running a course which covers that content in that way. (It has happened in the past that someone had their degree assessed, and the IQA came up with a specific outcome - a bachelor's degree at Level 7, comparable with a Bachelor's degree in (whatever subject). For some reason, they didn't go ahead with their residence application at that time, but wanted to do so several years later, at which time INZ asked for a new IQA, and this time it came out with a generic outcome for the SAME foreign degree, because by then, the NZ institution which HAD run a comparable course had dropped it.)

Hi

I was approved of LTSS work visa last year and I did not apply for ITP letter. IQA.jpg. Did you also attached Skill Shortage Form
    International Qualifications Assessment (IQA) Application along with your application. This way they know that you are comparing your qualaification.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12