Thread: Qualification Point claiming against Job title and work experience for SMC Visa

Default Qualification Point claiming against Job title and work experience for SMC Visa

Hi All,

Not sure if this scenario has been asked, but I can't seem to find it anywhere so deciding to ask.

I have done my IQA recently and the result came back as the following:

Diploma in Information Technology - Level 7
    Bacheleor of Computer Science - Level 8
    Master in Business Administration - Level 9

Postgraduate Diploma in Computing (NZ) - Level 8

Curent job = Developer Programmer

Work Experience - 2 years in IT field.

My question is, which qualification should i claim? Level 8 bachelor or Level 9 master?

Thank you in advance

There are two different things happening here.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66763.htm
    SM8 tells you about claiming points for your qualification. You can get the maximum 70 points because of the Level 9, although it is not directly related to your present job.

Then, SM6.15 talks about the matter of proving you are qualified for your skilled job, and also, possibly, that your past work experience can count as skilled. As the Note says:
    Note: For the purposes of this provision, 'qualifications' must meet the requirements for recognition set out in SM8 but are not required to be the same qualification(s) that qualifies for points under the Qualifications part of these instructions (see SM8).

Thank you JandM,

Looks like I can proceed to claim level 9 then for my qualification.

For my post-work experience and skill job, I have my level 8 to cover these requirements.