Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood testing fees

Default Blood testing fees

Hi everyone,

I had work visa for 9 months then I had my first work visa one year while the vistor visa still has three months until expiry.

Also before my work visa expired I got new work visa for a year while there's still three months on the first work visa.

I'm just confused.

I spent more than two years in nz but when I wanted to do a blood test bcoz of my accident at work they ask me alot of money as my both work visa doesn't seem to them totally two years!

They said its less than two years we just want two years I said this is two years then again they count the days I said if u count days so you should count from the first day I came nz ?

I checked nz helth website and there's a part saying. U qualify if u had a visa for one year then u get a new work visa for another year.
    Here's the link.

https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/li...hcare-services

Just needs some advise plz.
    I'm wife of a nzer citizn just lodged
    My residence application months ago.

you hold a current work visa that allows you to work in New Zealand for at least 2 years, including time spent lawfully in New Zealand just before getting your work visa. For example, you qualify if you had a visa that allowed you to be in New Zealand for one year and you now have a work visa that allows you to stay another year.
    https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/li...hcare-services

From what you said above about your time in NZ, comparing it with this, it looks as you're right and they're wrong. As a further check, can you state the dates when you arrived in NZ, and what dates you got which visa?

I arrived in nz 7th Feb 2017 my recent visa expiry date in 29th of May 2019

And what visa were you on when you first arrived on 7th February 2017?

Sorry I made mistake on first post.
    I had vistor visa for 9 months.
    Then work visa for one year
    Then another work visa for one year

Well then, they're definitely in the wrong. Time you were legally in NZ before having a work visa counts, plus your past and present work visas. 9 months visitor + 1 year work visa + another 1 year work visa.
    you hold a current work visa that allows you to work in New Zealand for at least 2 years, including time spent lawfully in New Zealand just before getting your work visa. For example, you qualify if you had a visa that allowed you to be in New Zealand for one year and you now have a work visa that allows you to stay another year.

Might help if they see the actual wordings from the Ministry of Health website

https://www.health.govt.nz/new-zeala...-years-or-more

Took me a while to find out I was actually eligible for public health already... it isn’t widely known so you really have to assert your eligibility.

But here’s what I’m still confused about. Are blood tests always free? What I know is that it isn’t always free.

And if it was an accident, shouldn’t this be lodged as an ACC claim?

Thanks for that link, and the thought about ACC.

I think tests (blood tests and other kinds) are, or are not, to be paid for (by someone entitled to full use of the INZ Health Service) partly depending on which kind of doctor ordered them, and why. As far as I'm aware, there isn't one universal answer.

Thank you so much JandM.

Well, me and my husband asked to read the policy codes before they force us to pay the fees then they made up some calls then they decided that they didn't find the policy codes at the moment so they let us go and they will email us if they found that we need to pay them the fees.

I said I have a vistor visa she said we don't look at it.

After all I got my results and nothing more about fees, I saw my doc then just yesterday we got mail from Labtest asking us to pay the fees, depending on copies of my work visa only.

My husband still not agreed with them and we gonna email them back on Monday.

It's so annoying that we try to explain and they didn't listen to us we tried to show the supervispr who's working there my rights and she avoid the fact that's I have three visa not one or two.

Thank you I will let u know what their respond as soon we email them back.

Allune,

Thanks for ur link that helped me alot to understand many things.

Blood test that been ordered by ur doc should be for free.

Others things may cost fees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast