Thread: Police clearance certificate (PCC) for residence visa

Default Police clearance certificate (PCC) for residence visa

Hi all, I'm about to submit my residence (Talent, employer accredited) visa application. My talent work visa will expire in mid-Sep. so I have around 5.5 months in hand. I'm the main applicant and my wife and kid are dependents. I have compiled all necessary documents but having issues in collecting wife's police clearance certificate (PCC) from home country. She has applied for a PCC through local embassy in NZ and they need to do some physical permanent address verification via police in our home country before issuing her a PCC. We both have already received PCCs from an EU country where we lived for a few years. Now I was thinking if I can submit the residence application (paper based) without her PCC and attache the old one from 2 yrs ago along with the acknowledgement copy of the current PCC application to show that it is in progress and might take some time? And then once we get the PCC we can just forward that to INZ. Do you think INZ will send the residence application back since we are missing a current PCC?

You can certainly give it a go - but INZ is under no obligation to accept the application without the current PC. Most of the time they will accept it if there is solid evidence of having started the application to get the PC, but INZ wouldn't actually be breaking the rules if they don't accept the application. Just make sure you have clear evidence of having applied for the PC, the expired PC and an explanation letter as well. Good luck!