Thread: Variation Of Conditions on Work Visa - Please Advise!!!

Default Variation Of Conditions on Work Visa - Please Advise!!!

I currently hold a New Zealand Work to Residence Visa – Talent(Accredited Employer) which is valid until April 2021. The conditions of my visa state that I may only work as XXXX(designation) in Wellington for XXXXX(Company name). However, recently, I have got a job offer from another Accredited Employer with a different job title though the occupation is same(IT). Should I apply for a Variation of Condition or should it be a new Work Visa Application?

If this other employment is within the same geographical area, it will probably be possible to work the change by means of a VOC. Talk to INZ - they are normally very good on this point.

Hi garima21, you can apply variation of condition, details are given below.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...r-someone-else

Hi JandM, yes, the employment is within the same geographical region. I tried talking to INZ. Call dropped after being on hold for an hour
    I think I will apply for VOC and hope for the best.
    I have another question though: So, my current job is ending on 19th April (still under discussion, may change) and I wish to join the new job on 29th April. Taking 10 days off for planned vacation around South Island before joining the new one. So, what would be my visa status on these 10 days?

Thanks Cadb! Will do the same.

If you resign from the first job, your visa stops - the visa depends on that named job. And you can't legally apply in the normal way for another visa while in NZ and NOT covered by a visa.

This is why you really must liaise with INZ, having taken account of the notice period written into your present contract, wished-for start-date on the new job, etc., so that they can organize things and have you covered up to your last day on the old job with the present visa, then switch to the new employer's name for when you start with them. If you want some down-time, you would need to work it so that it is holiday from your old job, or your new one - that is, you are legally an employee of whichever firm, but having a permitted break from work.

Thanks JandM for your suggestion. I also thought of the same and its nice to have someone like you confirm it. I am working out my holidays period with my current employer.