Thread: English courses fee processing timeframe

Default English courses fee processing timeframe

Hi there,

I'm writing regarding a case of my friend. He has received AIP letter in early December. There is just one requirement to be done to get a visa — he should pay english courses fee for his partner. That was done and credit card was charged a week later. At this moment he is waiting for more than 3 months since money was deducted. Is it normal timeframe?? Sounds terrible for me, especially in compare with european guys completing full smc cycle within just 2-3 months.

european guys completing full smc cycle within just 2-3 months.
    This is an assumption which doesn't stand up. INZ work cases based on a system of date-order queues.
    1) NZ law does not allow any distinction for ethnic origin.
    2) INZ have been struggling with a HUGE backlog of applications for about the last half-year. If you'll look at this thread https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55364, you'll see that, a month ago, they were only assigning cases lodged last early October to COs - by the end of the thread, with posts made now, there are still people from the end of October whose cases have not been allocated yet. And it's several years now that INZ have been telling people lodging applications under SMC that they need to expect around 12 months on average from EOI to final outcome - some FEW people with good evidence and whose referees reply very promptly are lucky and are dealt with sooner, but that is really rare.

That said, the long delay ONLY on this one matter sounds very strange, and in his place I would be contacting INZ wanting some results. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/contact/complaints

Hi JandM,
    Thanks for your input but I'm talking about 3 months timeframe of processing support officer duty, not CO ones. Decision on application was done 3.5 months ago (I mentioned AIP letter in first message).

Please see the LAST LINE of my message above, which answers the point you're talking about. I'm AGREEING with you.

JandM, my apologies, I've missed that. Thank you for suggestion!