Thread: How to know if my residence application has been assigned to a CO?

Default How to know if my residence application has been assigned to a CO?

Hello guys,

After reading throughout this forum I have found that, in general, applicants know when their applications have been assigned to a CO. Now I wonder, How to do that? Is that information available somewhere online? Should I call to the call center and ask? or is there any other way I might've been missing out?

I have applied to my (WTR) residence a couple of weeks ago (March 5th), my application has been lodged 5 days ago (fees deducted, confirmation email received, passports and cover letter sent back from INZ). I know that, from now on, I just have to wait... but it would be great if there is a way to know whenever I have my CO assigned.

Thanks in advance,
    Augusto.-

You don't get notified as a matter of routine. Most people get to know EITHER because the CO contacts them themself, or someone else (for instance, their employer, or a referee), for more information, OR ELSE because they are talking to one of the INZ call-answerers after some of the CO's activities have gone on record on the computer.

A client will usually only always get contacted directly by the immigration officer who has been allocated their application when it is an SMC application - this is because an SMC application so heavily involves liaison between the immigration officer and client in terms of verification required. Immigration officers for most other categories of visa don't tend to contact the client directly since the process is (supposedly) so much quicker and requires much less verification, so there's not much need for the client to have the immigration officer's details.

A call to the INZ contact centre will generally give you the details of your immigration officer once your application has been allocated.

Thanks for the quick reply, you guys are awesome!

Luckily for me, my CO wrote me an email today stating that he has completed successfully the initial assessment. He also left his contact details. So far so good.

Thanks again,
    Augusto.-