Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SMC Visa - CO allocated and requested more information

Default SMC Visa - CO allocated and requested more information

Hi everyone,

So after a very long wait I finally got a case officer. I lodged 24th of October and a CO was allocated on the 8th of March 2019. On the 15th of March the CO emailed me requesting IRD statement, payslips, bank statements and tax certificate from overseas. The email did state that the initial assessment has been completed and in order to proceed the said documents were required. These were sent to the CO and receipt thereof was confirmed.

My question is - at what stage of the assessment does the CO ask for that or do they all work in a different way and pace? Is there a check list that they work from to process the SMC application?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Although, I don’t have answer for you but just wanted to wish you a good luck and hoping for speedy process! Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by sona View Post
    Although, I don’t have answer for you but just wanted to wish you a good luck and hoping for speedy process! Fingers crossed.
    Thank you Sona

You can't guess what stage a CO has got to with processing your application from what they require from you.

The initial assessment is just a first look through of your case, so that the CO now knows what you have said about yourself and what points you have claimed based on your personal situation. It is normal for her/him to ask at that stage for more pieces of evidence, extra to what you have sent, that s/he has already noticed s/he will need. But notice, s/he may ask for more evidence at any stage, whenever s/he realizes that some point about you needs more proof.

Processing of the case involves getting verification (often by asking third parties, such as the source of each piece of evidence, if they are genuine) of every fact about you. This is a lengthy business, partly depending on how quickly people reply to INZ's queries (and they don't all treat this with urgency), and partly spent by your file waiting for its next turn for the CO's attention, as s/he is working around 100 other cases in rotation with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by melczn View Post
    Hi everyone,

So after a very long wait I finally got a case officer. I lodged 24th of October and a CO was allocated on the 8th of March 2019. On the 15th of March the CO emailed me requesting IRD statement, payslips, bank statements and tax certificate from overseas. The email did state that the initial assessment has been completed and in order to proceed the said documents were required. These were sent to the CO and receipt thereof was confirmed.

My question is - at what stage of the assessment does the CO ask for that or do they all work in a different way and pace? Is there a check list that they work from to process the SMC application?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Hi Melcnz,
    Though i don't know the answer for your post i am writing to let you know that i am in the same boat as you,
    I have been assigned to a CO and requested more documents, replied the next day. Its been more than a month since i have replied CO's email but still i haven't heard anything.
    I am not really sure whats the wait for after initial assessment. As JandM said CO must be waiting on third party verifications. I am really worried about the wait but nothing we could to do make the process qucik.
    I have called the contact centre and i am not really happy to say they were helpless.
    On the other hand my employer still hasn't been contacted by CO.I am not sure how long this wait going to be
    Going forward.. i wish you goodluck with your application. Goodluck to all of us who are dreaming to be a Resident of NZ!
    Keep us posted on any updates!

The verification stage can take literally MONTHS, what with waiting for the replies, and with the CO dealing with all his/her other 100 cases in rotation with yours. Don't start thinking, because of the time going by, that your case is turning out to be especially complicated - most of that time is just *waiting* between its turns for the CO's attention.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The verification stage can take literally MONTHS, what with waiting for the replies, and with the CO dealing with all his/her other 100 cases in rotation with yours. Don't start thinking, because of the time going by, that your case is turning out to be especially complicated - most of that time is just *waiting* between its turns for the CO's attention.
    Thanks JandM,
    Thank you for your quick responses.
    You have been a BIG Asset to this Forum
    I really appreciate your help to all our forum members by showing the examples of other threads and guidence by providing gaining from operational manuals. We do not know who you are and why you have been very active in the forum than anybody else to help us out. But Its a boon to have you on the forum, Kudos to JandM and Egoodhue
    God bless
    Thanks once again
    Last edited by Ivish; 23rd March 2019 at 11:27 PM.

Thank you for your kind words.

I'm glad to be able to shine a light for other people. You're doing what I once thought I was going to be able to do, sponsored in by my son to live nearby while my grandchildren grew up, but INZ changed the rules so that won't ever work out. (But being a visitor does. )

Hi JandM,
    Since my CO is waiting on Nz police certificates, and its been more than a month so I have followed up with NZ police, they have advised that they are unable to find anything under my name either in completed or incompleted
    INZ call centre says they still awaits on the police checks.
    Completely unsure whats going on
    Last edited by Ivish; 25th March 2019 at 10:19 AM.

You say, 'It's been more than a month.' I'm afraid that these days, waits of this length and longer are nothing out of the ordinary. INZ and all the connected processes are struggling with huge backlogs.

INZ get NZ police certificates directly - the applicant isn't involved in that. Therefore, it MAY be that the reply from NZ police meant that they couldn't find a request from you for your information (because you haven't made one). In your place, I would tell your CO in an email what you've just said here, because it's up to him/her to follow it up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast