Thread: Question....Till March 2019

Default Question....Till March 2019

I have a question that I think most people may be wondering what it means too .

It is displayed on Immigration website that visa will take more time than usual till march2019 .. so after march will it take normal or less time to get a decision? Kindly answer.

I expect INZ mean that they HOPE things will have gone back to normal. But to be quite frank, that whole post on the INZ site is meaningless.
    Immigration New Zealand (INZ) is currently receiving high numbers of visa applications. This is likely to continue until March 2019.
    They don't KNOW that fewer people will apply once March arrives - it's unpredictable.

that's really complicated to understand. I basically waited to apply this March because of that statement . Silly me haha

Quote Originally Posted by onyiking View Post
    that's really complicated to understand. I basically waited to apply this March because of that statement . Silly me haha
    Don’t delay! As they say, when you are ready is the right time 👍 If things improve (which I doubt) by any chance, you will have advantage!

I believe the reason why this is like this is three-fold

More visitors during the summer months - these people will be 100% priority to get them to NZ to enjoy the sun with everyone else
    Schools/Students start in Feb/March - They'll want to make sure everyone is ready for classes when they start
    The events in Christchurch - They've repeatedly stated they are putting all of their resources towards ensuring that those effected by the tragedy are looked after

They do have staff doing all visas at all times so this should not stop you applying when you need to get that next visa

Oh, sure - it's possible to rationalize. But to be blunt and cynical, I *think* that notification went up there last December, when INZ were in the first throes of the flood of applications (a whole lot of which will have come from the USA and the UK in the aftermath of the extremely odd current political situations in both countries which were becoming more and more obvious around then, as well as concerns in other parts of the world) in the hope of discouraging people from applying and adding to the problem - INZ managers must have been able to see that their system was being swamped, and would know that their current staffing levels couldn't be raised in the short term (it takes time to train a CO).