Thread: Regarding Student Visa

Default Regarding Student Visa

I am asking this question for my brother.

He used to live in australia back in 2010 on student visa (business diploma) but did not finished his studies completely and return home before visa expires.

But he did his graduation from india back in 2007-08.

Then he joined family business since then and he is now director of the company. Business is related to metal fabrication in India. So he got around 6-7 years of exp. in fabrication.

He wanted to move to NZ now.

Which will be the best option for him student visa or work visa?

If he gets a job offer related to fabrication in NZ, will there be any chances for him to secure the work visa? As I know, exp from i dia does not count and this is basically family business. Please correct if i am wrong.

Second option for him is to get a student visa. Easy for him to get a offer letter ( realted to welder or something similar ) form Polytec or tertiary institution. Will it be possible to secure a student visa if he fulfil other requirements such as ielts, funds etc.

As he is director of the company will it effects the application is any way?

If anyother options he can look for please let me know as well.

Just need a solution for him to come to NZ.

But he did his graduation from india back in 2007-08.
    What qualification are you talking about here?

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria Those are all the requirements for a student visa - hit SHOW ALL EVIDENCE to see what he has to provide for proof. INZ doesn't investigate previous experience or what job he is currently doing for a student visa. If he can show that an approved education provider is prepared to offer him a place, that is sufficient for INZ.

Thanks for the reply JandM.

So he did diploma in cookery management (correspondence) and did 2 years of practical full time cookery course.

Oh, I just wondered if it might help, but that isn't relevant to his present career.

It appears, looking here http://skillshortages.immigration.go...al-fabricator/, that to be eligible for an Essential Skills visa as a metal fabricator, he would need to have a certificate at NZQF Level 4, or a higher qualification, which includes the credit and knowledge requirements of one strand of the New Zealand Certificate in Engineering Fabrication (Trade) (Level 4), since his work experience in India wouldn't be counted.

How about if he comes here on student visa first and once he finishes his studies then he can opt for work visa.

If he got an offer letter from one of the polytec and fulfil all the requirements of the student visa as you said above, there will be some chances of him to secure a student visa.

Will you be able to tell me then any of the below mentioned things gonna effect his work visa:-
    1) His past student visa of australia where he did not finished his studies completely.
    2) His study gap, as he last studied in 2011-12 and since then he is working in family budiness.
    3) Which one has more chances of getting a student visa , cookery or fabrication. as i know both are in good demand in Nz.

How about if he comes here on student visa first and once he finishes his studies then he can opt for work visa.
    See here for details of requirements and process. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ork-visahttps:

1) and 2) That would be up to the institution he applied to. He would have to tell them his past history, and see if they would offer him a place regardless.
    3) If a course meets the requirements, and he himself meets the INZ requirements, he will be able to get a visa. The subject matter of the course is not a matter for INZ.

Thanks JandM. I really appriciate your support. I will ask my brother to apply for courses and will see what outcome he gets