Thread: Work to residency - Medicals

Default Work to residency - Medicals

Hi everyday,

I've been here for almost two years under Work to Residency Visa and it's now time for me to apply for residency.

When I had my medical two years ago, my BP was high and was referred to medical assessor, they prescribed some additional tests and with that I was granted my Visa. I know that medicals last 36 months, but I was wondering if I should do anything for now (get a new medical, get test done specifically for BP) or I should just apply for residency as it is and pray for the best?

If anyone can share their experience that would be great

Thank you

Immigration instruction A4.20 mentions that you do not need to provide a new medical certificate if i) you have provided a Medical Certificate and Chest X-ray Certificate with an earlier visa application; and ii) you were assessed as having an acceptable standard of health based on those certificates; and iii) those certificates were issued less than 36 months prior to the current application. Despite this, an immigration officer may require a Medical Certificate and Chest X-ray Certificate which is less than three months old, if they consider this is necessary to establish whether you have an acceptable standard of health.

Because of the regulation quoted, in your place, I would go ahead and submit with the existing medical. INZ will tell you if you need to do anything else.