Thread: left job - urgent query

Default left job - urgent query

hi guys,

my employer and had a chat about me not being happy and they have given me a weeks notice.

im currently here on an essential skills work visa, how long would i have to look for another role?

thanks

Are they sponsoring your visa? If they are, you'll lose the visa if you lose your job.

no its just a work visa, no sponsorship. im on the phone to inz. because im not leaving of my own accord it sounds like you get a bit of leeway.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics View Post
    no its just a work visa, no sponsorship. im on the phone to inz. because im not leaving of my own accord it sounds like you get a bit of leeway.
    Is it definitely essential skills? Because your employer will be named on the visa if it is.

from INZ "You may work only in the specific occupation, for the employer and in the location specified on your visa."

You can check here on how to proceed after your job has ended:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...at-will-happen

Hope it all works out for you though!

yeah, they said it may be ok to JUST change employer. but they are very unclear and its kind of a case of mmmm you'll just have to see.

there is a temp visa you can get if you are let go in the first 30 days.

The "mmm, wait and see" reaction is probably just because another job you are offered has to check out as being skilled and meet the requirements in the same way as the original job your Essential Skills Visa was for.

I think if it's only 30 days since you started, you can get a 'dismissed worker' visitor Visa. But if you want another work visa, and you've only been given a week's notice — you'll have to find another job in the week and submit a new work visa to get an interim visa. Can you ask your employer to keep you on until you find another job?