Applied from: Onshore in skilled employment
    EOI submitted: 7 January 2019
    EOI selected: 23 January 2019
    ITA received: 1 February 2019
    ITA lodged: 1 March 2019
    Payment deducted: 23 March 2019
    Acknowledged by INZ: 24 March 2019
    Originals Returned: 26 March 2019

Also something I found interesting, INZ received my application on 1 March (tracking confirmation). It showed up on online services as Pending on 19 March, and then on 23 March, when my payment was deducted, the lodgement date appeared showing 1 March. I had assumed the date it was opened and payment deducted would be my lodgement date.

Quote Originally Posted by carlyle View Post
    Also something I found interesting, INZ received my application on 1 March (tracking confirmation). It showed up on online services as Pending on 19 March, and then on 23 March, when my payment was deducted, the lodgement date appeared showing 1 March. I had assumed the date it was opened and payment deducted would be my lodgement date.
    The lodgement date is treated as the day that your application was received by INZ, not the day that they finally deducted payment and receipted it onto their system. They can't, in any degree of fairness, penalize applicants for their own delays.

Case in point: in between my application arriving at INZ and them finally opening it, one of our police certificates reached the end of its 6 month validity window. As INZ treats the date of the application arriving as the lodgement date, we were not asked to produce a replacement certificate.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 18th April 2019 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Case in point: in between my application arriving at INZ and them finally opening it, one of our police certificates reached the end of its 6 month validity window. As INZ treats the date of the application arriving as the lodgement date, we were not asked to produce a replacement certificate.
    Ah that's good to know, do you know if this is the case for all documents? I had put in my medical certificate which was coming up to the 3 year expiration date hoping they would accept it and I wouldn't have to pay for a new one. Haven't heard anything about it so far, but I wonder if I will be asked for a new one once the case officer is assigned..

Quote Originally Posted by carlyle View Post
    Ah that's good to know, do you know if this is the case for all documents? I had put in my medical certificate which was coming up to the 3 year expiration date hoping they would accept it and I wouldn't have to pay for a new one. Haven't heard anything about it so far, but I wonder if I will be asked for a new one once the case officer is assigned..
    That, I can't say for sure -- but, if my own experience is anything to go by, you should be OK provided that it reached INZ before it expired. If, for whatever reason, you need to produce any updated certificate, the CO will surely let you know.

Hi everyone,

My ITA documents was delivered on 28 March. Application number now appears online as pending. But payment is not deducted yet nor I have received any acknowledgement.

What does application number appearing online means?

Thanks friends.

Quote Originally Posted by VedSaumya View Post
    Hi everyone,

My ITA documents was delivered on 28 March. Application number now appears online as pending. But payment is not deducted yet nor I have received any acknowledgement.

What does application number appearing online means?

Thanks friends.

For me the payment was deducted a week after the application number appeared online, with the status as pending. I dont think application number appearing online means anything particularly, but more of an indication that they are working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    SMC applications that were lodged on 7 November 2018 are currently being allocated to CO's - so it's probably another 4-5 month wait for those of you that lodged in March, as INZ have confirmed that the volume of SMC applications lodged in November 2018 was higher than average, so will take longer for them to work through them.
    Hi EGoodhue, Kindly let me know if you have heard anything about CO allocation to November file. Which date of November has been allocated to CO.

Manukau SMC team are allocating SMC applications lodged on 12 November to immigration officers today.

So it has taken them 2 weeks to allocate applications lodged over the course of 6 days in November - so they are going sloooooow.

Quote Originally Posted by EGoodhue View Post
    Manukau SMC team are allocating SMC applications lodged on 12 November to immigration officers today.

So it has taken them 2 weeks to allocate applications lodged over the course of 6 days in November - so they are going sloooooow.
    Thank you So much EGoodhue, yeah it very slooow...my lodgement date is of 3rd December..

Update on my application: LIA requested a status update from the CO, CO replied that the application is expected to spend another 1-2 weeks in 2PC.

Have also been advised that, if the outcome is successful, the application will only be approved in principle, until INZ sights my wife's second passport -- she has dual nationality (ZAF & GBR), entered on the ZAF passport as the GBR passport was still in her maiden name, but has since received her updated GBR passport and prefers to have the resident visa in that one (because, I kid you not, getting a ZAF passport renewed offshore takes 6 months at minimum!).

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast